Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
canezila
Edge User

Automatic PDF/annotation backup online

Hello.

I am using my eink screen for taking attendance. It saves the annotations as it goes. This is a good thing. I would like a way to backup the information so that if anything happened to the unit, me, or whatever else... I could (or someone with access could) access the information. This does create a problem as these backups would have to change state (or mix down the annotations with the original PDF file) each time it was backed up. I do not know if this is would be an option but it would really, really fill an important need on my behalf.

My PDFs are setup daily so I usually have 5 days to backup. I go through the email as PDF file process now. Maybe an alternative to auto saving in a backup location could be adding a save_to option that included Dropbox? I havent actually backed up since I upgraded so maybe there is something like that now, I will find out later today.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
fgruber
Edge User

easy if you are willing to use the tablet side for the annotations.

1.Put the file in dropbox.

2.Go to dropbox and tap on the file. When it ask you what program to use choose ezpdf, repligo or whatever you want.

3. Make your annotations.

Thats it. Dropbox will automatically send the pdf back to the server as soon as you change it.

OR
just you can just use the "send" option in repligo and send it to dropbox manually.

Advert