Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-21-2020, 02:17 AM   #1
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Conversion Output] Markdown Output

This plugin allows creating Markdown files with .md suffix.
The function is TXT Output plugin with txt_output_formatting=markdown. Keep_links=True, keep_image_references=True in default, but you can change them. Keep_color have been removed for it is a function in textile. Both cli and gui are included.

Suggestions, bugs , feature requests can be post below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Markdown Output.zip (5.2 KB, 70982 views)
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:32 AM   #2
artrosch
artrosch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
I don't know how to install the plug in for deDRM. I go to the Prefences/Plug in window and then I stall. I have the plug in at Downloads (using Firefox) but I don't know the next step. Thanks

Arthur
artrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:04 AM   #3
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Arthur

The instructions on how to install are given at the site you got the deDRM software from. And are very clear and precise.

No support is allowed on these forums for any DRM unlocking software.
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #4
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by artrosch View Post
I don't know how to install the plug in for deDRM. I go to the Prefences/Plug in window and then I stall. I have the plug in at Downloads (using Firefox) but I don't know the next step. Thanks

Arthur
Why are you asking in here. This question has nothing to do with my markdown plugin.
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 02:35 PM   #5
RelevantBox
RelevantBox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thank you for the plugin, but I'm having an issue with images.

The only way I know how to extract images from an EPUB is to convert to HTMLZ, and unzip it, but the names of the image files do no correspond to the image references in the converted MD file.

So the .md file might reference ![](000018.png), but this actually corresponds to image 000022.png in the HTMLZ/images folder.

Is there a different process I should be using to extract the images which will give me the correct file names to correlate with the MD output?
RelevantBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:31 PM   #6
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelevantBox View Post
The only way I know how to extract images from an EPUB is to convert to HTMLZ, and unzip it, but the names of the image files do no correspond to the image references in the converted MD file.

So the .md file might reference ![](000018.png), but this actually corresponds to image 000022.png in the HTMLZ/images folder.

Is there a different process I should be using to extract the images which will give me the correct file names to correlate with the MD output?
Just unzip the EPUB without converting it. All the images will probably be in a directory named Images. Some dim-witted unzipping applications might require that you rename book.epub to book.zip first.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:07 PM   #7
RelevantBox
RelevantBox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Just unzip the EPUB without converting it. All the images will probably be in a directory named Images. Some dim-witted unzipping applications might require that you rename book.epub to book.zip first.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the file names still do not correlate, in either naming convention or order.

In the MD file, the images are of format images/000001.png, images/000002.jpg, etc. In the unzipped EPUB, the images are of the format media/file0.png, media/file1.png, etc, but even then 000001.png from the MD corresponded to file27.png of the EPUB, and 000002.jpg to file5.jpg, so it's not simply a matter of translating the filenames (like an off-by-one), they're all over the place. Also, the EPUB media is in a different order from the HTMLZ images, so now we have 3 formats with 3 completely different, non-deterministic orders.
RelevantBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #8
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelevantBox View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but the file names still do not correlate, in either naming convention or order.

In the MD file, the images are of format images/000001.png, images/000002.jpg, etc. In the unzipped EPUB, the images are of the format media/file0.png, media/file1.png, etc, but even then 000001.png from the MD corresponded to file27.png of the EPUB, and 000002.jpg to file5.jpg, so it's not simply a matter of translating the filenames (like an off-by-one), they're all over the place. Also, the EPUB media is in a different order from the HTMLZ images, so now we have 3 formats with 3 completely different, non-deterministic orders.
Then the problem is with the plugin itself, not the method of image extraction from the EPUB.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote