Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Font display on Shine

I have a number of EPUB books where the font is defined in css as:

font-family: Georgia, serif;

I've installed a Georgia font on the Shine and it shows up as a selectable font.

The odd thing is that when I select the font for the book on the Shine as "Georgia" it displays differently from when I select "Publisher's Default".

I want to use "Publisher's Default" because some of the text in the book is defined as Sans-Serif and if you select a specific font on the Shine everything is in that font.

I don't see this sort of visual difference on my other EReaders.

Any thoughts anybody ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #2
Mr.Moe
Mr.Moe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STG
I know this is a pretty late reply, hopefully you've already found a solution, but if not...

A few scenarios that might cause this problem come to mind.

- Georgia was not bundled with the ePub file (and the reader app is just defaulting to a Serif)
- A different, or misnamed Georgia was bundled with the ePub
- Your version of Georgia has a slightly different internal name, so it is not being used when the reader app looks for it

As for how to fix it, assuming adjusting the internal name of your version of Georgia (using something like fonttools/ttx) doesn't fix it, I'd use Calibre to modify the ePub and bundle Georgia with the ePub (this will bloat the files a bit though).

Hope this helps
Mr.Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert