Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
TheRidge
TheRidge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Individual Metadata works - multiple does not?

Hi,

I have been a happy user for a few years. I updated and added some books to today for the first time in about 8 months. I have updated all the plugins as well.

When I update an individual book's metadata it seems to work fine pulling from Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, etc... it will pull the series, ISBN, ratings and more complete data. All is good.

When I select up <download both metadata and covers> nothing changes... no rating or new cover is pulled. I do have my cover priority set up correctly I think - Amazon & goodreads 1 all others 2...

This used to work for multiple selections but not anymore. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any/all help.
TheRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do it for a couple of books and look at the log, that should tell you what is going o.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
TheRidge
TheRidge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do it for a couple of books and look at the log, that should tell you what is going o.
It is finding the same books as the "individual" search, but it is not populating the correct information?

When I do 'individual' I have to select from a couple choices but it is usually the 1st one.

What should I be looking for in the log that could show a possible problem in my configuration?
TheRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the log will show you what entry is being picked from what source(s).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote