Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #1
johnstephens
johnstephens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPad
ebook-convert appending unruly style properties to custom CSS classes

Hi,

I ran into a possible bug in the command line ebook-convert utility. I wonder if there's a workaround, or anything I can do to bypass this issue.

The issue is that Calibre appears to be altering the font-size of blockquotes in certain documents. It appears to be adding CSS font-size properties to classes defined by the inline CSS, which overrides the intended font-size of blockquotes in the document.

The enclosed "Test.html" has identical CSS to "Test2.html", defined in the <style> element in the head of each document. "Test.epub", derived from "Test.html", displays the blockquotes correctly. But "Test2.epub", derived from "Test2.html", is displaying them much larger than intended.

I appended .txt to the HTML filenames, because the forum would not allow them to be uploaded otherwise. I also included the double-verbose output of the ebook-convert command.

Is there a flag I can add to the ebook-convert command to stop Calibre from altering the stylesheet? Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: epub Test.epub (13.7 KB, 192 views)
File Type: epub Test2.epub (11.9 KB, 238 views)
File Type: txt conversionlog.txt (4.3 KB, 206 views)
File Type: txt Test.html.txt (5.9 KB, 202 views)
File Type: txt Test2.html.txt (16.6 KB, 198 views)
johnstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the option to turn off font size rescaling. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#fonts
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
johnstephens
johnstephens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the option to turn off font size rescaling. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#fonts
Thank you so much, Kovid! After reading up on that feature, I found the appropriate command line flag here:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...font-rescaling
johnstephens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockquote, css, ebook-convert, font-size