Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
PMGeuze
PMGeuze began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus
Create a template to only list one author.

Hello all,

I first want to thank you for such a great program. I am currently working on transferring my files to save to device and disk. Sometimes the files will be too long because of multiple authors.

I have tried the following template:

{Authors:sublist(0,1,\&)} - {pubdate} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

But it does not seem to work.

Would somebody be able to advise?
PMGeuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMGeuze View Post
Hello all,

I first want to thank you for such a great program. I am currently working on transferring my files to save to device and disk. Sometimes the files will be too long because of multiple authors.

I have tried the following template:

{Authors:sublist(0,1,\&)} - {pubdate} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}

But it does not seem to work.

Would somebody be able to advise?
chaley will probably have to step in (he is the King of calibre templates)

This probably is failing because the '&' is a Display convention (inserted by the program)

This is a relational database structure. you don't get to see all the complex magic that happens behind the screen

The DB has an entry for EACH Author you see

Then the book has a link key record for each Author the BOOK has

book1 author1key
book1 author27key
book1 author215key

You see it as :author1 & author27 & author215
The bottom line is you probably have to get the Author-list, Then take it back apart. which will probably use Program mode and not a simple template you show
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Take out the backslash in front of the ampersand. Characters are not escaped in single function mode.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote