Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Identifier-like custom column

Dear Kovid,

Is it possible to create a Identifier-like column?

I'm currently utilizing the Identifiers column for second, third .... "series" [Series name:Number] and read status for my family [Nameate]

The pro: It appears on tags browser in groups.
The con: The field becomes too long, it's hard to make revisions when it is needed. I want to separate the contents. Everything becomes lower case.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No identifiers is a very special beastie, you cannot make custom versions of it. Why not just create a couple of extra series columns and used the grouped search terms feature, then you can search all the columns with a single prefix.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

I was afraid you would say this.

I created now a column (short-text like title) to store such series names in the following format
Code:
Series name 1:number, Series name 2:number, Series name Nth:number
I'm trying to build another tag-like custom column based on this, but without the number, and since I have little knowledge on coding, it is quite hard. If it is convenient for you, could you help me with the template?

{#series_all:select(.*)} doesn't show anything.

Last edited by nqk; 05-19-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:31 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why dont you just create a couple of extra series columns?
Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Why dont you just create a couple of extra series columns?
Each extra series column (four?) contains two lines in the metadata window, and the series name list among the them (four, maybe five?) is not the same. Very cumbersome work, and in the tags browser all of them are in separate folders. Generating jacket.xhtml is also an issue.

I know series management has been a problem for long. This "one-line" box is most convenient for me (especially when jacket.xhtml is taken into consideration). The series number is not always important, I can use it to manage box-set too, and maybe other purposes.

Edit:

I tried {#series_all:re(:\d+, )} and it works (even though I'm not sure what will happens if the series number is "1.5" or "2.5"

Last edited by nqk; 05-20-2017 at 12:00 AM.
Advert
Old 05-20-2017, 01:38 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You want to see them all in one row, simply create a custom column that uses a template to combine them all. And hide them underlying columns from the Tag Browser and Book details panel.