Notices

Old 12-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #1141
carlese
carlese began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by steris8 View Post
Hi,

I was looking for your plugin, and i installed it on Calibre. But unfortunatly i'm not able to select a custom column from the menu and i can't choose any option. There is a blue rectangle and it's blank.

Please can someone explain to me how to solve this? (Edited : someone on the forum talk about numeric column). Can anybody tell me how to modify my library to do it?

I don't know what i'm doing wrong...

thanks.

Here a picture of that problem :
I have the same problem. nothing shows up using latest calibre.. How can I fix it?
carlese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #1142
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have a custom column defined? I have one defined and the type is Integers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #1143
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have a custom column defined? I have one defined and the type is Integers.

You add custom columns via Preference_>Add your own columns.

Each value that the plugin can create (word and page counts, readability indices etc) needs a separate custom column. There are instructions and examples in the first post of this thread.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #1144
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlese View Post
I have the same problem. nothing shows up using latest calibre.. How can I fix it?
The next two posts after the one you quoted give suggestion. Do either of these help?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #1145
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I forgot to check the language files. I'll get it fixed.
I guess you didn't have the time to update the plugin

Here is the updated plugin with the translations added.
Plugin updated to 1.8.1 with changelog added
Spoiler:
Version 1.8.1 - 22 Jan 2018 - by davidfor
Update: German translation thanks to Dirk-71.
Update: Polish translation thanks to BeckyEbook.
Update: French translation thanks to Nicolas F.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Count Pages.zip (290.3 KB, 229 views)
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #1146
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
I just had a single ebook (epub) fail to give the correct page count.

In calibre it shows 411 pages, but once the book is uploaded to my Kobo Glo it only shows the total number of pages as 5 (1 of 5 at the beginning of book). The page count goes passed 5 pages once I scroll, but the end digit always says 5?

Any idea what I should be looking for to correct this? Thanks
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #1147
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
I just had a single ebook (epub) fail to give the correct page count.

In calibre it shows 411 pages, but once the book is uploaded to my Kobo Glo it only shows the total number of pages as 5 (1 of 5 at the beginning of book). The page count goes passed 5 pages once I scroll, but the end digit always says 5?

Any idea what I should be looking for to correct this? Thanks
Are you using the using the KoboTouchExtended driver to send the book to the device as a kepub? That's the only thing I can think of as there are a couple of issues with page counts using kepubs if ToC and file structure do not match properly. Otherwise, there might be something unusual about the structure that breaks the page count on the Kobo.

Overall, I think I'd need to see the book in question to make a guess.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #1148
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you using the using the KoboTouchExtended driver to send the book to the device as a kepub? That's the only thing I can think of as there are a couple of issues with page counts using kepubs if ToC and file structure do not match properly. Otherwise, there might be something unusual about the structure that breaks the page count on the Kobo.

Overall, I think I'd need to see the book in question to make a guess.
@davidfor. Not sure what driver I'm using - I just click "send to device" in calibre and away it goes. I don't use Kepub (everything is a standard epub as far as I know). I've done hundreds and hundreds of books using the page count plugin without issue. I have tweaked the ebook though to my own requirements, but I tweak all my books to same so not sure if I did anything or not.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:35 AM   #1149
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
@davidfor. Not sure what driver I'm using - I just click "send to device" in calibre and away it goes. I don't use Kepub (everything is a standard epub as far as I know).
If you aren't reading the books as kepub, then you aren't using the extended driver, or at least the not the parts that convert the book to kepub. And that's the important bit. The page counting on the Kobo devices is different between epubs and kepubs.
Quote:
I've done hundreds and hundreds of books using the page count plugin without issue. I have tweaked the ebook though to my own requirements, but I tweak all my books to same so not sure if I did anything or not.
Which page count do you think is correct? I assumed from your first post that you thought the 411 from this plugin was correct. And, because of how it is done, I would expect it to be correct. On the Kobo device, I know how it should be calculated, but, I don't have access to the code to check. I do know that some errors in the code in the book can affect the page numbering on the device. And I do remember seeing something like this, but not for a long time and I don't remember what the solution was.

If you have edited the book, I suggest editing it again and running the error check. That might show something. If you find something and fix it, I would recommend deleting the book from the device before resending it.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:46 AM   #1150
Chris_Snow
Zealot

@davidfor

Thanks for the help. I already dedcide to re-edit the book before I saw your last post.

The results - Original book unmodified = 457 pages as stated on the Kobo. Calibre was stating there were 404.

Book re-edited - uploaded to Kobo several times during the editing process to check on things as I edited them. Gave the same page count as above (457) Calibre states 404.

Very weird though. Once the edit was done I uploaded it and this time it said 7 pages? Don't figure.

I don't use the calibre editor (don't know how) so it was all edited in sigil. However...I opened the book using Calibre editor and it found some issues - a css entry called "float". I deleted it from the css. Then also several entries like"-webkit box size" or something like that. I deleted all entries in the css via sigil. Then I reloaded the book to my Kobo and it is now all fine. Now says 411 pages, which calibre also states.

While I've seen the -webkit entry before, I haven't seen a "float" entry so perhaps that was the culprit?? Regardless, seems I'm now rocking again.

Very odd though!

Really appreciate the assistance.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #1151
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Count chapter for online novels pls
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:08 PM   #1152
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
How do you determine that??
TOC entries vary from none to every type of section.
The quality check plugin can report books with below X TOC entries (in the NCX). It does not scan the book.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #1153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
theducks and I had a different reaction to this. Mine was: "Get the number of chapters in a book that is published on a web site but isn't in the calibre library."

If that is what you want, then sorry, not going to happen. This plugin works on books in the library and extending it to a random web site isn't practical or within the purpose of the plugin. The FanFicFare plugin might be a place to look. It is designed to download stories from sites and has function to check for new chapters.

If theducks is right and you want the number of chapters in a book in the library (but why mention "online"?), then it would be possible but, has lots of issues. Firstly, counting the ToC entries in an epub is easy. But, the ToC can include entries for the cover, copyright, title and other things in the front and back matter. Then there are multiple levels of headings. Which represent a chapter?

But, I don't see the point. I have a book with over 50 chapters, but they average less than five pages. And another with ten chapters but they are at least thirty pages long. And the book I just finished had about 30 chapters, ranging from two pages to thirty plus pages. Unless the point is back to the online novel and you want to see if there are new chapters. If that is the case, you definitely need to look at FanFicFare.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #1154
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Would it be interesting to count number of files in the epub instead of number of chapters?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #1155
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Would it be interesting to count number of files in the epub instead of number of chapters?
NO
an EPUB can have 1 file (for the text content), AKA Flat file (will not work on some older devices that choke if a section goes past 260K)
Conversion of some AZW3 results in these huge files.
Moddesitt loves to write 150 chapter books (and uses Roman Numerals)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin