Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #1
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Question Thread Subscription Emails from .com vs .mobi?

Usually my thread subscription/notice emails link back to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99999&goto=newpost

But I've noticed that sometimes they instead link to:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/showthread.php?t=99999&goto=newpost

The From name (but not address) also changes from "MobileRead Forums" to just "MobileRead".

I assume it likely has to do with the reply coming from a user on the mobi site. (But all instances I have still in my email are from kovidgoyal, so it might be just him.)

Can I do anything to always get .com links instead of .mobi? I didn't see any settings in User CP.

Thanks.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The .mobi is the mobile version of MobileRead. It is optimized for smaller screens. The data is the same but rearranged a bit. It is not a different site.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The .mobi is the mobile version of MobileRead. It is optimized for smaller screens. The data is the same but rearranged a bit. It is not a different site.
Exactly. Which is why I'd prefer to get links to the desktop version all the time instead of most of the time if it's possible.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote