Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
RevSpyder
RevSpyder began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Mini mid 2010 OS 10.13.6
Help -- new Calibre won't work on my OS

I saw that there was a new version of Calibre, so I downloaded it. When I went to open it, I got a message that it wouldn't work on my old Mac Mini OS High Sierra 10.13.6

There's no place on the Calibre site where I can see how to download the last version that worked on my OS.

Anyone know what I can do?
RevSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
RevSpyder
RevSpyder began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Mini mid 2010 OS 10.13.6
Never mind -- a friend figured it out and sent me a link that had a version that worked for me. How he found it, I don't know... But I'm back in business!
RevSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSpyder View Post
Never mind -- a friend figured it out and sent me a link that had a version that worked for me. How he found it, I don't know... But I'm back in business!
How was this version of Calibre built to run on an older MAC OS? Please ask your friend. Also, it would be helpful to post the link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Try this link!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
That's the official link and that won't work on OS X below version 10.14. I'm asking for the information on the version of Calibre 4.0 that is working on OS X 10.13.6.
Advert
Old 10-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's the official link and that won't work on OS X below version 10.14. I'm asking for the information on the version of Calibre 4.0 that is working on OS X 10.13.6.
True, that's primarily the link to the new v4.0 installers, but it also contains the official link to the previous versions. Just look down the page to the line below the credit card badges and these is a link to the older versions that has been present on the page for years.

For users in the OP's situation, the last of the v3.x installers is likely the best choice.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
True, that's primarily the link to the new v4.0 installers, but it also contains the official link to the previous versions. Just look down the page to the line below the credit card badges and these is a link to the older versions that has been present on the page for years.

For users in the OP's situation, the last of the v3.x installers is likely the best choice.
It reads like someone has managed to fix Calibre 4.0 to get it to work on OS X prior to 10.14. I know all about the official released. So what I want to to find out how to get it working on OS X prior to 10.14 for all those who cannot update OS X. So please just leave the official links/releases out of this.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It reads like someone has managed to fix Calibre 4.0 to get it to work on OS X prior to 10.14. I know all about the official released. So what I want to to find out how to get it working on OS X prior to 10.14 for all those who cannot update OS X. So please just leave the official links/releases out of this.
Not really. When I read it I interpreted it to mean he had found a version, not necessarily the latest, (if thats 4) which would work for him. The official links are useful for others looking for older versions, too.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #9
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Not really. When I read it I interpreted it to mean he had found a version, not necessarily the latest, (if thats 4) which would work for him. The official links are useful for others looking for older versions, too.
This.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #10
ceb
ceb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSpyder View Post
Can you share? Somehow I lost my version of Ca'ibre for OS10.13.6.
ceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb View Post
Can you share? Somehow I lost my version of Ca'ibre for OS10.13.6.
@downeaster59 posted a link further back. REad the note below the download links, it tells you which version you need depending on your OS, and gives a link.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote