Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #16
NimS
NimS began at the beginning.

Device: T62+
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpoet View Post
Most of the other threads seem dedicated to other Boox devices, so I'm back on this thread. If anyone stumbles on this thread with a cracked screen and needs help...

I've successfully replaced the screen and without much effort, but taking a pic of the guts before dismantling it was a life-saver.

Here is the replacement screen - the only one I could find that had the proper LED backlight connector - but I couldn't get it to fit, so... I might as well have just gotten the cheapest ED060XC3 (the same as the Kindle Paperwhite). I just carefully removed the old LED backlight strip and attached it to the new screen.
great to find your post! I've just smashed my t62D screen and am looking to replace it. Are you saying the backlight is a separate strip that attaches and is not part of the screen?

I've found heaps on alibaba... just not sure about going thru that process If backlighting is a separate affair then maybe a cheap ebay option is best?

Your thoughts?

Cheers!
NimS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #17
polocanada
polocanada began at the beginning.

Device: none
Very helpful. Thanks

This thread is so helpful. I should have read before I purchased the C67ML 8gb now hopefully I will get it all right from Aliexpress, they run the sale for $118 for Black Friday sale.

Has anyone installed Ivona TTS on this?

The main reasons I'm getting C67ML:

1. Moon reader (or similar) for page reflow for PDFs
2. connect to Google Drive to download my ebook PDFs (I'm fine with using any 3rd pty app with capability to connect to GD. Doesn't need to be Google Drive app)
3. IVONA in English, French, Spanish to listen to text (or to the text PDF)

And I wanted C67ML for the space 8gb mainly for IVONA TTS and Carta screen. I don't care for rooting it as long as I can side load these. And battery life doesn't matter that much as long as it lasts 2 days (well with IVONA TTS that would be probably reduced to mere hours, I'm aware of that).

Hopefully my decision to pick this one was right. Thanks!

Last edited by polocanada; 11-29-2015 at 08:19 AM.
polocanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #18
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by polocanada View Post
This thread is so helpful. I should have read before I purchased the C67ML 8gb now hopefully I will get it all right from Aliexpress, they run the sale for $118 for Black Friday sale.

Has anyone installed Ivona TTS on this?

The main reasons I'm getting C67ML:

1. Moon reader (or similar) for page reflow for PDFs
2. connect to Google Drive to download my ebook PDFs (I'm fine with using any 3rd pty app with capability to connect to GD. Doesn't need to be Google Drive app)
3. IVONA in English, French, Spanish to listen to text (or to the text PDF)

And I wanted C67ML for the space 8gb mainly for IVONA TTS and Carta screen. I don't care for rooting it as long as I can side load these. And battery life doesn't matter that much as long as it lasts 2 days (well with IVONA TTS that would be probably reduced to mere hours, I'm aware of that).

Hopefully my decision to pick this one was right. Thanks!
If you are looking for a nice e-library setup I highly recommend Calibre-Calibre COPS(web server for Calibre library)-Koreader(Android, Kobo, Kindle) for your C67.

Koreader can login to Cops server and download from your library. Also Koreader can sync between devices and send the current reading book to another device with Koreader(does not have to be the same platform).

Along with Koreader, EbookDroid works very well on CM67ML which supports Cops server (you can download bookfrom your Calibre Cops library) as well. It has alot of features that makes Pdf reading reasonable on Android like auto crop, auto deskew etc. it also has nice frontpage library view.

On the other hand Koreader offers true reflowing. It can even reflow text based Pdfs. Also Koreader can login to your Calibre lib directly if you do not want to run separate web server. In that case you will use the internal Calibre library server.

Another tool that I can recommend is Syncthing which is a great way to sync between multiple devices from multiple platforms. Check it out. I use it on my Android ereaders (especially for syncing books).

I like my C67ML. The battery is not the best because I generally charge once a day but I belive that if you do not use it as tablet (say you have only Moon reader open all day), it probably will provide 2 day battery life. I use it to read and listen audio books etc. And it is sufficient as an on the go device.

Last edited by loviedovie; 11-29-2015 at 11:43 PM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote