Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
lue42
lue42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Using Save to Disk, how to add to the end of the exported filename?

I need to add .epub to the end of my .kepub files I save to disk. My Kobo Forma requires the files to end in .epub when adding to my dropbox

I want {title} - {authors}.kepub.epub

Can anyone help me with the Save Template format?

Thanks
lue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
lue42

Or, alternatively ... is there any way to force all kepub's to save as .kepub.epub or just .epub in the library folder? I assume that Calibre requires the correct file extension to know what format it is so I am guessing not.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lue42 View Post
Or, alternatively ... is there any way to force all kepub's to save as .kepub.epub or just .epub in the library folder? I assume that Calibre requires the correct file extension to know what format it is so I am guessing not.
And why not just save as epub.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I think he wants to use the ACCESS renderer on his Kobo ereader instead of the RMSDK renderer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #5
lue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
I don't know... I thought it was preferable to use the KEPUB format on Kobo (Forma)'s... it is the default format of choice for conversion for my device.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:48 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lue42 View Post
I don't know... I thought it was preferable to use the KEPUB format on Kobo (Forma)'s... it is the default format of choice for conversion for my device.
It's a toss up. Kepub gives you pop-up footnotes (if they are done properly), the ability to zoom images (assuming the images are high enough resolution to make that worthwhile). Epub gives you better typography, the ability to handle Adobe ADEPT DRMmed content and better conformance to publisher CSS.

At one time kepub had faster page turns but in the latest firmware, the difference is not that noticeable. With the changes in highlighting, for the few highlights I do, again not a noticeable difference.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #7
lue42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It's a toss up.
Thanks for the info. I am going to try EPUB for a while and see if there are any major differences or downsides.

I manage mine, my wife's and my mother's ebooks so it will certainly make it easier if I can just do a simple Save To Disk for each of our respective Dropbox folders.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why not use Connect to Folder,

Remember to EJECT when done or Calibre will try at startup (or block USB devices)
You configure it in Preferences:Plugins:Folder Device
Other than the Where to Configure, the setting looks like a DEVICE. You get to pick 'supported formats' and preferred order to choose from
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote