Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-26-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Hisense releases tablet with RLCD screen

I think you have seen this news: https://cntechpost.com/2020/04/23/hi...priced-at-324/

I'm more interested in their eink tablet than their eink phones. And it seems it will come with Android 10.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Definitely a very intriguing device. However, it doesn't seem to be eink. Rather it seems to be some sort of reflective LCD screen.

It will be interesting to see how it performs. Will it be as easy on the battery as an eink screen? Will it be able to display an image when it is off the way that eink can? Will it offer a quicker refresh rate than a regular eink screen? Will it be as readable it direct sunlight as an eink screen?

I'm also a little worried when it says that it will come with "an external eye protection lamp". Does that mean that it will not have a built in frontlight or is that just a bad translation meaning that it will have a frontlight but not a backlight?

Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #3
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
144 ppi
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
144 ppi
I don't mind because I want it for textbooks.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I used to have a Sony Clié with a reflective TFT LCD. That was very good, and I suspect reflective LCDs will only have improved over the years. It will be very interesting to see a review of it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I used to have a Sony Clié with a reflective TFT LCD. That was very good, and I suspect reflective LCDs will only have improved over the years. It will be very interesting to see a review of it.
Pixel Qi was LCD without lighting, although too much dark. If white background has been improved on LCD, it will be great: multi-purpose screen!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Pixel Qi was LCD without lighting, although too much dark. If white background has been improved on LCD, it will be great: multi-purpose screen!
Pixel Qi was a hybrid - reflective for B&W mode, and back-lit for colour mode. I would expect a plain reflective Greyscale LCD to be a lot better.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:32 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Pixel Qi was a hybrid - reflective for B&W mode, and back-lit for colour mode. I would expect a plain reflective greyscale LCD to be a lot better.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 AM   #9
viceant
Addict

Now it is listed, but without price:

https://item.jd.com/100007001445.html
Old 06-03-2020, 06:49 AM   #10
notwaiting
notwaiting began at the beginning.

Device: mimas a2 a5 max2
Quote:
Update: An earlier version of this article referred to the Hisense Q5 as a tablet with an E Ink display, but it appears this tablet’s grayscale display may actually be a reflective LCD screen. This could give it a faster screen refresh rate while still enabling high outdoor visibility without a backlight. But it may not feature the high contract and lower power consumption associated with E Ink displays.
Could be good for watching videos and general interent use. If the reading experience is not spoiled by the ppi I think I'd use it a lot.

Quote:
The tablet also comes with dual SIM slots and a microSD slot.
Dual sim would be great if true. On the other hand, another review said it will only work on chinese networks.

Quote:
The Hisense Q5 is an Android tablet that sports a 10.5" HD monochrome reflective-LCD display. Specification include an Octa-core Tiger T610 chipset, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, microSD slot and an HDMI port.
Could it be used as a monitor?
notwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #11
viceant
Addict

It was said they'll sell it June 10th, but now :

" This product has been removed from the counter, welcome to choose other products!"

:-(

Last edited by viceant; 06-09-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #12
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Hand on first look at the Hisense Q5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBztaY51V8

I'll be buying one as soon as it is available.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:17 AM   #13
notwaiting
notwaiting began at the beginning.

Device: mimas a2 a5 max2
I wonder if the technology will actually prevent eye strain, or if the high refresh rate causes eye strain in itself. I can't imagine it would be a factor without a backlight.

I will certainly get one if the HDMI port is an input, and has not been the victim of some unfortunate decision to output (only) to a television. Another quote from an article:
Quote:
it does have a HDMI port, meaning you could use it as a 10.5" display.

Last edited by notwaiting; 06-13-2020 at 07:53 AM.
notwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:22 PM   #14
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwaiting View Post
I wonder if the technology will actually prevent eye strain, or if the high refresh rate causes eye strain in itself. I can't imagine it would be a factor without a backlight.

I will certainly get one if the HDMI port is an input, and has not been the victim of some unfortunate decision to output (only) to a television. Another quote from an article:

The HDMI port does allow input. I haven't tested that myself but have seen a video of another user (in the eink subreddit on reddit).

I think provided you have a good external light source that eye strain shouldn't be a problem. But a good light source is critical and more important than on an eink device.

I have only had mine for a day or so but am very impressed.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 04:31 AM   #15
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you guys think it will be possible to use this as a secondary monitor like the Ony Boox Max 2/3 ?
Is 10.3 a little too small for that purpose ?

Last edited by tracey1; 07-14-2020 at 02:49 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote