Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
mggige
mggige began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Unhappy how to jailbreak PW2 after update to 5.6.1?

I've updated to 5.6.1 version ,and already reset my device .
Can I still jailbreak my kindle?what should I do it?thanks everyone.
mggige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mggige View Post
I've updated to 5.6.1 version ,and already reset my device .
Can I still jailbreak my kindle?what should I do it?thanks everyone.
Yes, open it up, connect your low voltage (1v8) serial to USB adapter to the operator's console port connection pads ....

You can find photos of the connection points (for the PW2) in my KT2 Exposed thread.
And a link to serial port image installation proceedure in the page pointed to by the last entry in the FGA post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
storm9
storm9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
There is no option to do this without opening up the device? I followed the JB instructions but selecting the upgrade software actually upgraded the software instead of JBing my new PW2.
storm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Correct, there is (currently, hopefully this will change one day) no JB without opening up the device.

If the JB upgraded your Kindle, that implies the update was already downloaded, which is BAAAAD!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #5
mggige
mggige began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes, open it up, connect your low voltage (1v8) serial to USB adapter to the operator's console port connection pads ....

You can find photos of the connection points (for the PW2) in my KT2 Exposed thread.
And a link to serial port image installation proceedure in the page pointed to by the last entry in the FGA post.

vary thinks, your mean I can't jailbreak the kindle until opening up it.
When will I jailbreak it as kindle version 5.4.3 ?
mggige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mggige View Post
vary thinks, your mean I can't jailbreak the kindle until opening up it.
When will I jailbreak it as kindle version 5.4.3 ?
Um... you updated it, it isn't on version 5.4.3 anymore... that is precisely the problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Maybe the O.P. was asking if the Kindle could be downgraded to 5.4.3 over the serial port and that version jailbroken.

Ans: Yes.

But they could also just serial port jailbreak 5.6.1
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, kindle paperwhite