Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
CBZ > LRF (LRF>HTML/MOBI????)

Hi All,

I converted a bunch of CBZ/CBR files to LRF with the most excellent ComicLRF extension.

But I then had an absolute pig of a time getting all of the LRF files on my memory stick. (around 300 files (the entire Berserk manga catalogue))

I had all manner of problems, lost tags, files not recognised, oh what a laugh.

So I managed to boil this issue down to too many files, so I wentto re-converge all my single editions into large volumes, and realised I'd deleted the original CBZ files, doh, doh, doh.

No problem I thought, I'll just convert my LRF files to MOBI or HTML, extract the images, then remerge them with ComicLRF. But this step seems to be impossible.

I've tried Calibre but calibre says there is no 'suitable source format' probably because LRF is a final format ready for the device.

ABC Amber converter wont do it.
Calibre wont do it.
I cant find LRF2HTML from the old Calibre versions.

Is there any other option?, if I can get LRF to ANY archive format then I can just pull the images. ANY way at all?, this cant be this diffecult.
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Okay, perhaps unnecessary, but NEVER delete your originals

Not just for these issues, but also quality; the smaller-scale sony images are of lesser quality than your originals, I think (can't you re-download them?)

Perhaps lrftools will be of help?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
sideburnt
Connoisseur

hmm, yes just looking at LRFtools now, and yes I agree a very stupid decision to delete the origonals, but a mistake at that. (oh why did I click autoclean on my rubbish bin)

Having some issues with the command line for LRftools
Old 09-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
If you are running windows you might try restoration or similar freeware undelete tools. Can't help you out on the lrftools, sorry.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
sideburnt
Connoisseur

sweet

thanks for the help LRFTools worked although the instructions were not clear as to how the command line is constructed. I got all my images saved as GIf but the scaling and quality seems to have remained, nice.
Advert