Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #1
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Custom tap page turn zones

Looked all over the tweaks for h2o and cant seem to find a mod to make custom page turn zones.

As i frequently change hands i would like an option as pictured in the attachment(back and options could also be on top).

Is this possible to do with editing config files, or it is only up to kobo to provide such functionality?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Page Controls.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	159525  
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Use Coolreader and configure tapzones yourself.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
I share RealLx3m's desire for configurable tap zones, but because I like using kepubs and the layout of headers and footers given by nickel, I'm not a fan of CoolReader, even with the configurable tap zones.

Going into the config file, there's a setting for tap zones = #, where # can be 1, 2, 3 or 4. I randomly tried other numbers (e.g., 5 and 6) and froze my Aura One, so it's certainly a deeper fix than that!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Use Coolreader and configure tapzones yourself.
Im not very fond of the interfaces alternative readers have, i would prefer nickel with such functionality. Thanks for your suggestion though

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I share RealLx3m's desire for configurable tap zones, but because I like using kepubs and the layout of headers and footers given by nickel, I'm not a fan of CoolReader, even with the configurable tap zones.

Going into the config file, there's a setting for tap zones = #, where # can be 1, 2, 3 or 4. I randomly tried other numbers (e.g., 5 and 6) and froze my Aura One, so it's certainly a deeper fix than that!
Not a programmer, so not sure how hard would be for cobo to implement user configurable tap zones, so i would be satisfied having more options. Like the one i posted, and an option with the strip on top(when i think about it, on top its even better than strip on bottom). But i wouldnt turn down fully user customizable tap zones, thats for sure

Hopefully kobo listens, and will give us that in future firmware.Or maybe the good people here will figure it out sooner than kobo.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
To be clear, I don't need/want fully configurable tap zones -- I was using (or misusing) configure in the sense of more options (i.e., like the one you sketched). Or, truthfully, if they would just significantly narrow the page back column used in options 2 and 3 (Kindle actually does this correctly, although their screen is narrower), I would be satisfied.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2017, 04:11 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you know that in 4.6.9995 that you can turn off tap page turns and just use swiping?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:22 AM   #7
ReaLx3m
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you know that in 4.6.9995 that you can turn off tap page turns and just use swiping?
Yep, i know that.
But i find that tap better suits my needs, Ex. less smudges on screen and way more comfortable to tap as most of the time im reading single handed.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:01 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
Yep, i know that.
But i find that tap better suits my needs, Ex. less smudges on screen and way more comfortable to tap as most of the time im reading single handed.
Actually, tapping puts more noticeable fingerprints/smudges on the screen. When you tap, you are pressing on the the screen. When you swipe, you are kind of wiping the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
ReaLx3m
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, tapping puts more noticeable fingerprints/smudges on the screen. When you tap, you are pressing on the the screen. When you swipe, you are kind of wiping the screen.
I did compare, and with my usage tapping leaves me with less smudges.I tap very lightly, borderline erotic id say .