Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Important: Marvin and iOS 8

You might see a landscape orientation bug in Marvin on iOS 8. I've already fixed it and sent to Apple. I'm really sorry about that. In the meantime, try using Marvin in portrait mode for the next few days until the update reaches you. Thanks for your patience.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I only read in portrait mode so I should be okay for now but it's always good to know that another bug is fixed just in case I decided to try landscape.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're very welcome.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Tetsujin
Tetsujin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5S
Glad you found & fixed it. I emailed support this morning about it, but happy to hear a fix is in the works.
I can't get to the bottom menu to unlock landscape, but I'm in a 'survivable' position right now, so no worries.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Glad to hear this. I thought it was just me.

Edit: I don't seem to be able to change my iPad 4 (with IOS 8) into portrait mode. However that works fine with my Iphone 6+.

Last edited by slayda; 09-20-2014 at 01:22 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
And I choose today to use landscape mode. I never use landscape

Oh, well, I have an ipod and mostly read on it in bed, so I can do without for a few days. I suppose deleting Marvin and redownload will work if I really want to use it before the update turns up. I like the themes I've set, but don't remember them by heart, so I'll probably wait. Glad a fix is on the way.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
jxj
jxj began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 5c
I noticed on my iPhone 5C, freshly updated to iOS 8, that I can no longer change the brightness by swiping up/down? Is this due to iOS 8, or did I not notice with 2.7.5 on iOS 7.1.2?
jxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxj View Post
I noticed on my iPhone 5C, freshly updated to iOS 8, that I can no longer change the brightness by swiping up/down? Is this due to iOS 8, or did I not notice with 2.7.5 on iOS 7.1.2?
Swiping up.down to change the brightness works fine on 2.7.5 with iOS 7.1.2.

Have you checked your Marvin settings to see if something's been changed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Swiping to change brightness still works on iOS 8. I'm using an iPhone 5.

However, it has long been the case that this functionality is finicky: you have to swipe precisely in the middle of the screen, with sufficient vertical movement to have the app register the action. Swiping in the way you might scroll down a page—with your thumb off-centre and only making a small down- or upward movement—doesn't work.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #10
jxj
jxj began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 5c
Following everybody's responses, I gave it another shot. What seems to have happened is that the sweet spot has shifted considerably to the left of the display. Also, to bring up the control palette while reading now requires a tap way to the left of center.

So it turns out that I have no actual loss of functionality, so I am much relieved. I can easily live with this weird offset. I continue to be a happy customer. (Though I would like an easier way to navigate through a long library list. Perhaps a touch-and-hold popup that lets me select the first letter of where I'd like to jump.)
jxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #11
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Updated to 2.7.6 today. It seems to have fixed the landscape bug.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #12
chookie2
Connoisseur
chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chookie2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mc7 16gig
I installed ios 8 today and now Marvin is taking ages to turn pages at end of chapter, not between pages just end of chapter, any idea why?
chookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #13
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookie2 View Post
I installed ios 8 today and now Marvin is taking ages to turn pages at end of chapter, not between pages just end of chapter, any idea why?
I just noticed the same thing on an epub I was reading.

I closed the program, then later went back in to read my book when I found all my books were gone. I had a couple thousand, in collections and they were suddenly just not there. But the collections were there.

I've removed Marvin and reloaded it from iTunes. Then put a couple of hundred books back on it through iTunes, but now don't have collections for them.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #14
kguil
Addict

The landscape, brightness up/down, and some other bugs have been corrected in 2.7.6.

@chookie2: I am aware of the slowdown issue on iOS 8. I still haven't identified the problem but it will definitely be addressed by the very next update including native iPhone 6/6+ support.

@DuskyRose: Have you got any more details about the problem you encountered like whether you experienced a crash? I haven't received any reports of this problem.

Please bear with me while I go through all the pending issues on iOS 8 (that I hope to have completely addressed in the next update). Apple made some drastic changes between the very last beta they gave us developers and the actual retail version they shipped. Also, their review process is taking about 10-12 days longer than usual, so sorry for the bumpy ride.

Also note, that you may still notice some built-in dictionary and rotation issues (especially keyboard rotation). Unfortunately, they are bugs in iOS.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #15
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I can also confirm that on an iOS8 iPad Mini I'm seeing long wait times when swiping pages at the end of the a chapter. I get the loading icon for 15-20 seconds followed by a blank page. Another swipe (with no delay) moves to the first page of the next chapter. There is no delay within a chapter, either. Only at the end of a chapter.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote