Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
geecorleone
geecorleone began at the beginning.

Device: Prs t2
How can I use my Prs T2. It is Japanese version.

Today I got my first EReader Sony Prs T2.
But since I turn on it, the menu is all in Japanese. T_T
How can I use it? May I change it to en or us version?
The FW is 1.0.04.03190.
I just want to change the menu language to English.
Somebody can help me?
If it can be root, it will be more thankful.
geecorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have T1 and it seems that simple instructions from anyone with a T1 could tell you how to change menu language but T2 might be a little different.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/suppor...s.pl?mdl=PRST2
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
geecorleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I have T1 and it seems that simple instructions from anyone with a T1 could tell you how to change menu language but T2 might be a little different.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/suppor...s.pl?mdl=PRST2
Thank you for your reply.

Japanese version is very special, I don't know what should I do know~
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
geecorleone

Nobody know about that?!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
See http://www.sonyreaderboards.com/foru...hp?f=16&t=3170

It's in regard to other languages, but you probably have to follow the same steps.

If you can figure out which icon on the main screens are for Settings, and press that, the first entry in Settings is usually "General".

On my T1, the Settings icon is on the second page of the main menu, on the lower left side of the screen, with a picture that looks like a toolbox.

Pressing that brings up the Settings screen. General Settings is the first entry on the top of the screen. Does Japanese read right to left? If so, then it would probably be the first column on the right.

Pressing General Settings brings up a sub-menu and Menu Language is the second option down from the top. In a right-left orientation, probably second from the right. If you can get that far, probably any entry you push is going to give you another language, and if you can get to one of the Romance Language ones, you'll have a better chance of figuring out what's what.

You might also want to translate the terms Settings, General Settings, and Menu Language from English to Japanese using one of the online programs and see if you can compare the characters in those words to something showing up on your T2.

Hope this helps a bit.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #6
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27034

"I have some bad news for you. I have Japanese version of PRS-T2 and I also live in Japan. You can't change the language in most Sony's products bought in Japan (incl. Sony Readers, point & shoot cameras etc.) Most Sony's products bought in Japan are only in Japanese. Salesman should have warned you."
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 AM   #7
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

same thing for the prs-t1

http://www.justanswer.com/e-readers/...-language.html
Customer replied 455 days and 3 hours ago.
Thank you for the information but unfortunatly it did not work so I contacted Sony Australia who have now redirected me to Sony Japan as it appeares the Japanese Ereaders are set up only for the one language.
It looks like I have purchased some very expensive paper weights
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
tvuongpham
Banned

maybe try a new firmware?
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T2/updates
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
junmel
junmel began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ARC
Hi
If you live in Australia and you do not use your PRS-T2, I am happy to buy it (Because I can read Japanese and I am looking for Japanese version device).
junmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27034

"I have some bad news for you. I have Japanese version of PRS-T2 and I also live in Japan. You can't change the language in most Sony's products bought in Japan (incl. Sony Readers, point & shoot cameras etc.) Most Sony's products bought in Japan are only in Japanese. Salesman should have warned you."
I've bought several phones and the 650 in Japan. For this kind of devices, it's usually possible to choose between Japanese and English, sometimes other languages too as Portuguese, Chinese, Korean.
Namely, my 650 displays English as well as Japanese menus out of the box. By watching pictures of the English menu, the OP should be able to set the T2 to English (this is something like 3-4 steps top).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote