Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Kindle/Nook/Sony/Kobo) Greatest Knight

Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick

Quote:
Product Description

Royal protector. Loyal servant. Forgotten hero.

A penniless young knight with few prospects, William Marshal is plucked from obscurity when he saves the life of Henry II's formidable queen, Eleanor of Aquitaine. In gratitude, she appoints him tutor to the heir to the throne, the volatile and fickle Prince Henry. But being a royal favorite brings its share of danger and jealousy as well as fame and reward.

A writer of uncommon historical integrity and accuracy, Elizabeth Chadwick resurrects the true story of one of England's greatest forgotten heroes in a captivating blend of fact and fiction. The Greatest Knight restores William Marshal to his rightful place at the pinnacle of the Middle Ages, reflecting through him the triumphs, scandals, and power struggles that haven't changed in eight hundred years.

Last edited by arcadata; 02-04-2011 at 04:20 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
That look great. My missus loves this kind of thing.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Be sure to check your receipts on this one. It's apparently been fluctuating between 7.99 and 0.00 pricing and although I clicked when the pricing looked to be set at 0.00, it charged me full price.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Be sure to check your receipts on this one. It's apparently been fluctuating between 7.99 and 0.00 pricing and although I clicked when the pricing looked to be set at 0.00, it charged me full price.
Thanks for the warning - I saw that it fluctuated earlier, but the price went back to $0 before I clicked to buy it. Checked my receipt, and I was charged too. Bummer Wonder if Amazon will refund us?
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, it seems to be reasonably stable at $0.00 now, so unless someone else gets surprise-charged, I think this is supposed to be the real price and not a glitch freebie. I think Sourcebooks likes to rotate their offerings on Thursday/Friday, usually?

In any case, I went and emailed Amazon CS almost immediately after I noticed (yay paranoia! now I'm going to feel compelled to check "View Your Order" everytime I get another freebie, aargh) and backed it up with a screenshot I'd just taken of the $0.00 price (and the "you bought this on February 4, 2011" banner across the top of it).

So hopefully they at least credit people who ask for the difference, even if it does turn out to be a glitch freebie. If not, one can always refund.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard

Also free @ B&N. And genuinely free, as my confirmation and receipt both say 0.00.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Just got this one - 6:26 am EST - and it showed up as free, and the receipt came through as free, too, so hopefully the fluctuation is no longer an issue. Looks great!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Free at the moment on receipt.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
marty888
marty888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 - wifi + 3G
Thanks - just one-clicked, receipt for $0.00 received.
marty888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
fruiter
Connoisseur
fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; WISEreader N526
Thanks for this!
fruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard

Now free @ Sony (not available to Canadians) and to US/Puerto Rico addresses directly via the publisher's website (ADE ePub and PDF).

And now also Kobo (not available in Canada).

Last edited by ATDrake; 02-04-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #12
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
This is also free in the iBooks store too
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
For anyone who's unsure whether or not to grab this, I have to say don't hesitate.

It and its sequel,The Scarlet Lion, are truly outstanding, well-researched, well-written, exciting and just truly beautiful works of serious historical fiction.

They tell the life of William Marshal, who was an amazing man.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #14
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
I grabbed it, but it's great to hear such an enthusiastic endorsement!
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #15
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
I grabbed it, but it's great to hear such an enthusiastic endorsement!
lol After my gushing, I sure hope you like it. Seriously, if you like historical fiction at all, I think you will love it.

It's still free, btw. I read on another forum that it's a weekend deal by the publisher, so it will probably go back to $9.99 tonight.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote