Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
kataleen
kataleen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Question Images flipped vertically when converting from PDF

Hey,

I have a PDF book with some images (diagrams etc) and when trying to convert it to either format (tried mobi and rtf) the images are flipped vertically. Not upside down, but flipped (mirrored). Any ideas why that happens and how can I prevent it from occurring?
I did some searches in both Calibre documentation and this forum but couldn't find much. I need to mention that images are not vector based.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
kataleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kataleen View Post
I have a PDF book with some images (diagrams etc) and when trying to convert it to either format (tried mobi and rtf) the images are flipped vertically. Not upside down, but flipped (mirrored).
Images being turned or flipped upside down is a known bug in the current pdftohtml engine used by calibre. I'm not sure under what circumstances it happens.

You could run the conversion with a directory listed in the debug area then go to that directory after conversion and examine or fix the html found there. Read the intro to conversions to understand what your seeing in these directories.

If you're able to fix the html you could add this format (html) to the existing entry via the edit metadata window, then convert the html.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert