Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #16
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, this *should* be fixed now, sorry about that :/. (Simply re-download the ZIP).

It would only have been an issue for people on FW >= 5.12.x, so if you have a previous version of the kindlebreak zip and you're running an older FW, you're fine .
I'll remove the red warning from the OP after I get a few tests done.
Ty for fixing it so quickly!
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #17
maiko
maiko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Okay, this *should* be fixed now, sorry about that :/. (Simply re-download the ZIP).

It would only have been an issue for people on FW >= 5.12.x, so if you have a previous version of the kindlebreak zip and you're running an older FW, you're fine .
I can confirm it works now, I managed to install the Hotfix as well as KUAL on my kindle without issues!
maiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 02:44 PM   #18
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiko View Post
I can confirm it works now, I managed to install the Hotfix as well as KUAL on my kindle without issues!
Nice! I've also managed to test it and it runs perfectly. Still waiting for some other tests results to roll in before I remove the ugly red warning.

If you could edit your post where you talked about the issue to clarify that it was fixed, I'd appreciate that. I don't want it to scare people away and it's right after the OP.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:49 PM   #19
cronot
cronot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cronot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cronot has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 10th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
Nice! I've also managed to test it and it runs perfectly. Still waiting for some other tests results to roll in before I remove the ugly red warning.

If you could edit your post where you talked about the issue to clarify that it was fixed, I'd appreciate that. I don't want it to scare people away and it's right after the OP.
Pretty sure he won't be able to - I believe in this forum you can only edit posts until a couple minutes after you originally create the post, afterwards, edit is blocked. Maybe poke a moderator here to do it.
cronot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:51 PM   #20
jp12323
jp12323 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (Jailbroken)
Will clarify on my post too, just worked perfectly!

Edit: For some reason, I can't edit that post, only this post o.o
jp12323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #21
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

I've removed the ugly red warning from the OP, the jailbreak is confirmed to be working now even on >=5.12.x devices.

Make sure to download the new jb-kindlebreak.zip file and try again if you had the 007 error before!

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #22
delfinogrisu
delfinogrisu began at the beginning.

Device: pw4
K5 JailBreak HotFix went well, now after this what should I do ??
delfinogrisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #23
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinogrisu View Post
Continue reading the Open Sesame! thread that helped you install the JB Hotfix. The next steps are MRPI and KUAL (coplate). The "hard" part is done, your device is now jailbroken, all that's left is to install the applications you want.

Please edit your previous post to clarify that the issue has been fixed!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #24
maiko
maiko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post

Well, I want to, but somehow I don't have any option to edit my posts. Probably because I only recently registered to the forum
maiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, new accounts are auto-moderated and have weird feature restrictions imposed on them.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:24 PM   #26
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinogrisu View Post
That depends on what you are hoping to do with your kindle, so you need to let us know.

But at minimum, go to Open Sesame thread (tight after hotfix in message 1 and install MRPI and KUAL.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:25 PM   #27
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp12323 View Post
Will clarify on my post too, just worked perfectly!

Edit: For some reason, I can't edit that post, only this post o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiko View Post
Well, I want to, but somehow I don't have any option to edit my posts. Probably because I only recently registered to the forum
It's fine, thanks for trying either way!

Last edited by tryol; 03-24-2021 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #28
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast

Quote:
Yep, new accounts are auto-moderated and have weird feature restrictions imposed on them.
Is it the age of those accounts that limit them or the post count, or both?

Also, do you know how can one get more PM space? I think I've deleted about 200 messages at this point and I've only been talking here for a few weeks. My mailbox is constantly above 90%, I'm pretty sure that warning is burnt into my monitor at this point.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Possibly both, although in my experience they usually come in pairs anyway ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #30
jp12323
jp12323 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (Jailbroken)
Quote:
Possibly both, although in my experience they usually come in pairs anyway ^^.
Post count for me I think, I joined 3 years ago but didn't post much, just lurked
jp12323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak