Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 05:59 PM   #106
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You might be out of luck.

Either you got mixed up and pulled a gstreamer-1.0 lib by mistake, or Amazon's build is just too old.

(Or Jessie's version too recent, depending on your PoV )
I just had a bit of a thought on this. Looking over the list you linked to it seems to me that the build on the pw4 is from 0.10.35, as the later 0.10.x releases have the unreferenced symbol. Are binaries available of older versions? If not I assume the source code is available in some manner.

I believe that if I had libgstaudioconvert.so and libwavparse.so for the pw4 version I could dramatically simplify the kt4/pw4 support. Thus I wonder about a way to obtain them.

Dave

PS: actual build version is 0.10.25 as per gst-launch --version

Last edited by dhdurgee; 05-15-2020 at 12:49 PM.
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:41 AM   #107
kindale
kindale began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Pw 4
Has a solution been found to this problem?
kindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:30 PM   #108
a0044c
a0044c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFi (8GB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindale View Post
Has a solution been found to this problem?
Try the sox.zip on page 7 of this thread.
a0044c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #109
EL-S
EL-S began at the beginning.

Device: none
This initial implementation works decently! I'm interested in seeing if it can be extended to have a pause button and a resume button. It looks like it may be possible to pause and resume the gstreamer pipeline?
EL-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:43 PM   #110
Mike Li
Mike Li began at the beginning.

Device: KW4
You can try using VioceView to read non-amazon Eenglish book. This is a self-contained function of the system and does not require JB
Mike Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:22 AM   #111
EL-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Li View Post
You can try using VioceView to read non-amazon Eenglish book. This is a self-contained function of the system and does not require JB
I actually used VoiceView as a method to enable Bluetooth and pair my headphones as Amazon does not allow Audible on the PW4 in my country (despite us having an Audible Store, lol?) and the options to pair Bluetooth devices are greyed out!
Old 08-18-2022, 08:11 PM   #112
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-S View Post
This initial implementation works decently! I'm interested in seeing if it can be extended to have a pause button and a resume button. It looks like it may be possible to pause and resume the gstreamer pipeline?
I suggest you see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336390

This is a later version of the player and might have features you can use.

Dave
Old 08-20-2022, 11:32 PM   #113
EL-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
I suggest you see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336390

This is a later version of the player and might have features you can use.

Dave
Thank you! I didn't see that thread
Old 03-08-2023, 05:58 AM   #114
Kindlebaby
Kindlebaby began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th generation
Hello,
is there a way to listen in 2023 Mp3 audio book on kindle ?
Kindlebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 10:10 AM   #115
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlebaby View Post
Hello,
is there a way to listen in 2023 Mp3 audio book on kindle ?
Yes, there is the Sox extension available for KUAL. Of course you need to be jailbroken first to use it.

Dave
Old 03-13-2023, 07:54 AM   #116
Kindlebaby

Hello
I install Sox on my PW5 (i install python3.9 with MRPI) and the folder /music contain different songs (mp3, etc...) but nothing is working... What i missed ?
I have an PW5 11th with the 5.14.2 version (but i dont have a blutooth logo on my kindle)
Old 03-13-2023, 09:59 AM   #117
Kindlebaby

Ok i found how to enabled BT:
https://www.amazonforum.com/s/questi...s-not-detected
It's working

Tags
audiobook, bluetooth, jailbreak, m4b, mp3