Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
JP91306
Connoisseur
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Export/Import

I obviously don't get it.

I want to EXPORT an entire Library to another machine. I ran the EXPORT to a folder on the machine. It appeared to go well.

There is a collection of files now on the new machine.

I opened Calibre on the new machine, went to Export/Import and selected IMPORT. I went to the folder with the files. The process doesn't SEE those files. (But they are there.)

How do I import that entire Library?

Thank you,

jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP91306 View Post
I obviously don't get it.

I want to EXPORT an entire Library to another machine. I ran the EXPORT to a folder on the machine. It appeared to go well.

There is a collection of files now on the new machine.

I opened Calibre on the new machine, went to Export/Import and selected IMPORT. I went to the folder with the files. The process doesn't SEE those files. (But they are there.)

How do I import that entire Library?

Thank you,

jp
If it doesn't 'see' them, then the file set is incomplete or your A/V damaged them.

These files are part of a 'spanned archive'. IIRC, the last file has the inventory. These files contain all the Libraries that appear on the Quick Switch menu AND your complete settings.
You should have been presented with a 'which do you wish to restore' box
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
higgs
Connoisseur
higgs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicinghiggs causes much rejoicing

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW3
If I remember correctly when doing the import you should point calibre to the folder containing the files, not the actual files.
higgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:42 AM   #4
JP91306
Connoisseur
JP91306 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Yes. THAT was the problem. I kept looking for files. Thanks to all.
jp
JP91306 is offline   Reply With Quote