Old 12-09-2020, 04:00 AM   #1
i_ll_be
i_ll_be began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Aura
Download kindle files without a Kindle

Hi,

Not sure to be in the right section.

Question is in the title...

I own a Kobo and would like to read my amazon prime reading books on it.

Is there a trick to make Amazon believe that you own a Kindle ("virtual" Kindle recognized as a USB device ?) in order to be able to download the kindle books ?

After that, conversion will not be a problem I guess.

Thanks !
Christian
i_ll_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:48 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You cannot fool Amazon into allowing direct eBook downloads without a Kindle. Your solution is to install one of the DeDRM compatible versions of Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
You can use the Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac software to download Kindle books. See the thread Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre for more information on how to make that work.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #4
i_ll_be
i_ll_be began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Aura
Thanks it worked !

Thanks for your help.
i_ll_be is offline   Reply With Quote