Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo Desktop App v1.7 onboard Kobo WiFi

Just brought home the new WiFi Kobo, set it up to charge...set time, date, etc...and thought I'd see if there was an update to the Desktop app onboard..
and yep.. I haven't seen this mentioned yet and I'm assuming I was up to date, but accessing the installer on the WiFi Kobo downloaded version 1.7 of the app.

Quick impressions...much the same...but with layout/info buttons moved to the top right corner, and right-clicking on a book brings up the option to remove a book.

Where were you a week ago v1.7!? (see my thread "OMG!....")
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
Can you upload the files, so we can use them?
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
ZombWii
Enthusiast

I don't think it's my place to upload anything...so no.
The apps may be free, but I don't know that they're 'freeware'.

However, here's the link to the Kobo Books App page where you can
DL the setup file. I don't know if that will net you v1.7 or if it's still v1.6
but that's as far as I'll go. http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop

I was more trying to tell people that it's coming, and if you have one of the new Kobo readers then you can access it right now. I'm sure an announcement is forthcoming.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
1.4 is on the main site. That's why I kindly ask.
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #5
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModReader View Post
1.4 is on the main site. That's why I kindly ask.
Be aware that firmware intended for one device might brick the other.
Depends how the kernel was compiled, what options included. They
could optimize it for new cpu, if not of the same family.
In this situation the best is to wait a bit and use 1.7 for old reader,
when available for download.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
ZombWii
Enthusiast

Ummm...a mix-up here somewhere I believe.

I am referring to the desktop app, not any kind of firmware.

Ok, downloaded the installer file at the kobobooks and it returned me to version 1.6.
So it hasn't been updated, and I'm still not going to upload the installer...sorry.
I'm sure it's coming...and as Zoran sort of points out there may be functionality that is dependent on what's coming in the next firmware, so having the updated app might not be the best move anyway.

The current firmware for 1st Gen Kobos is Ver 1.4 but an update is expected any day now.

I'm not even gonna say what version the software on the Kobo WiFi unit itself is 'cause that will only muddy the water.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
We will be pushing out an upgrade to everyone for 1.7 in the next week - our current target is Monday.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote