Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 11:57 PM   #16
yparitcher
Connoisseur
yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yparitcher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 KT4 PW4 PW5
@LittleBiG
Please try the latest Nightly (should be ~39) and let us konw if this is fixed.
yparitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:23 AM   #17
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yparitcher View Post
@LittleBiG
Please try the latest Nightly (should be ~39) and let us konw if this is fixed.
Yes, I can confirm that now books start as they should. Thank you very much. It was important because KPVbooklet is better for opening books than KUAL. At least on PW1, because when PW1 comes back from sleep, there is a delayed screen refresh, that is, after opening the cover, the book text is there immediately, but soon an unnecessary full screen refresh happens (most probably the PW1 hardware is slow and the stock refresh comes 3-4 seconds later than the KOreader's, I wrote about this earlier in a topic. EDIT: I wrote about the problem, the explanation came from NiLuJe, to be precise )
Opening the book via KUAL, after this plus refresh you will see a big portion of the Kindle homescreen on your book text, a manual refresh is necessary to get rid of it and be able to start reading.
Opening with KPVbooklet, the extra refresh still shows the book text, no manual refresh is necessary after it. That's why I am really happy that you were able to restore the correct working. Thanks again.

Last edited by LittleBiG; 12-24-2020 at 06:01 AM.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #18
ninadb
ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen 6.8,Kindle PW-1,Kindle KB wifi, Ipad 10.2-wifi
Hi

Apologies for replying in between
I thought the PW1 question could be answered here instead of a new thread
I have Kindle PW1 and 3 months back I jail broke it to install KOreader
It was on 5.6.1.1 which I downgraded to 5.4.4
Installed the jailbreak
Installed mrtools and KOReader and again upgraded to 5.6.1.1
KOreader ran but it was very slow and turning pages lead to a crash
I had to factory reset my kindle

Question
1. Is there a specific version of KOreader which i should install for PW1
2. Are there any specific steps i should follow

Thanks
Ninad
ninadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, the PW1 is just a terrible device, period.

I'd leave it at 5.6.1.1, but that's the only actual advice I can give you, there's nothing special about it, besides being the worst Kindle, by far.

I don't actually remember the specs, but it might also be under severe memory pressure, which doesn't help KOReader since we have to run on top of the already RAM-hungy system on FW 5.x

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-25-2021 at 11:42 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:56 AM   #20
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, the PW1 is just a terrible device, period.

I'd leave it at 5.6.1.1, but that's the only actual advice I can give you, there's nothing special about it, besides being the worst Kindle, by far
I cannot fully agreen on this. I have my shiny new Oasis 3 but I can't install KOReader on it at all. So it is worthless in this point of view. The only Paperwhite I can install KOReader anytime on, is the PW1.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
I cannot fully agreen on this. I have my shiny new Oasis 3 but I can't install KOReader on it at all. So it is worthless in this point of view. The only Paperwhite I can install KOReader anytime on, is the PW1.
Why did you buy an Oasis 3 when you could have bought a Kobo Libra H2O and installed KOReader (and spent less money)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:33 AM   #22
ninadb
ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen 6.8,Kindle PW-1,Kindle KB wifi, Ipad 10.2-wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBiG View Post
Hi

Did you follow any specific steps to do this as when i installed it earlier it was very slow and i did not see the utility of it
I want to try it again and now i have reset my Kindle

Thanks
Ninad
ninadb is offline   Reply With Quote