Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #16
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Shortcut to Main Menu?

Great thread!

I was going to open a new thread as I couldn't seem to find this specific info by searching MR. Now this seems like the place to ask my question:

Is there a way to jump quickly/directly to the main graphical menu (top menu)? I know you can map the key functions, but I have been unable to find a choice that seems to take you to the main menu. I am also unable to find any obvious shortcut (e.g. press-and-hold the "back" key (e.g. lower paddle button). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Great thread!

I was going to open a new thread as I couldn't seem to find this specific info by searching MR. Now this seems like the place to ask my question:

Is there a way to jump quickly/directly to the main graphical menu (top menu)? I know you can map the key functions, but I have been unable to find a choice that seems to take you to the main menu. I am also unable to find any obvious shortcut (e.g. press-and-hold the "back" key (e.g. lower paddle button). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Press and hold both wings (paddle buttons)!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #18
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
One tip from me:
* If Pocketbook hangs or freezes, just press the Resetbutton a short time and it will boot normally

Got that experience several times
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
One tip from me:
* If Pocketbook hangs or freezes, just press the Resetbutton a short time and it will boot normally

Got that experience several times
Press and hold the On/Off button will do most of the time!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Didnt work for me, i tried that solution.
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #21
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Press and hold both wings (paddle buttons)!
Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

I haven't remapped any of my keys as I am happy with the default config at this time, but holding the upper and lower wings/paddles simultaneously doesn't get me to the top menu (with the big icons for Books, Settings, etc.). It either does nothing, or brings up the normal menu, which strangely enough also has no choice to return to the main/top menu (perhaps they can add this selection into a firmware update).

Any other ideas on this one? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator

Well per key mapping you may assign a key for that function. That may be the most obvious solution!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #23
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Go to main menu -> Settings -> Key mapping -> OK (hold)
press Ok
menu appears,
go to System, press OK, select Main menu

You have just assigned the "Go to main menu" function to the long press on OK button.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #24
Ulli
(-:

One more tip:
Doing an Hardware Reset:
1. Plug to power
2. Power on the PB
3. Push Down and OK-Button at the same time (360) or simply "RecycleBin" (301+)
4. Wait till text is shown at the screen
5. Wait about 10 mins.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #25
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well per key mapping you may assign a key for that function. That may be the most obvious solution!
OK, I see there may be some confusion here.

I picked ab empty key allocation (in my case, the Button 1 (hold) was free) and selected "System > Main Menu" for that button allocation. It still didn't work. So I tried following another suggestion, and allocated OK (hold) to "Sustem > Main menu." Still no go.

Then it clicked - if I try this key allocation from within a book (e.g. reading an FB2) it works - I get straight to the Main Menu. But what I should have explained is that I want to be able to go from anywhere in the folder view directly to the main menu.

At the moment, I have to use the "Back" or "Previous" button to step back all the way to the Main Menu when I am browsing the book folders. And I prefer to step out of the book I'm reading before going to the main menu. But any key mapping I do doesn't seem to work in the folder view - Button 1 (hold) does nothing, and OK (hold) brings up the quick menu.

So, any ideas on a shortcut to go from anywhere in your folder view / bookshelf buck to the Main Menu?

Is the issue clear as mud?...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #26
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
But what I should have explained is that I want to be able to go from anywhere in the folder view directly to the main menu.

At the moment, I have to use the "Back" or "Previous" button to step back all the way to the Main Menu when I am browsing the book folders. And I prefer to step out of the book I'm reading before going to the main menu. But any key mapping I do doesn't seem to work in the folder view - Button 1 (hold) does nothing, and OK (hold) brings up the quick menu.

So, any ideas on a shortcut to go from anywhere in your folder view / bookshelf buck to the Main Menu?

Is the issue clear as mud?...
yes I've been trying to do exactly the same thing. When I'm browsing my library of books and navigating through lots of folders, I too want a quick way to get straight back to the main menu.

Well I've tried mapping the main menu function to just about every button and no joy. The only method that seems to work is mapping the on/off button to the main menu which is annoying as I like this set to last 10 books which isn't available on any other key!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #27
orwell2k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
yes I've been trying to do exactly the same thing. When I'm browsing my library of books and navigating through lots of folders, I too want a quick way to get straight back to the main menu.

Well I've tried mapping the main menu function to just about every button and no joy. The only method that seems to work is mapping the on/off button to the main menu which is annoying as I like this set to last 10 books which isn't available on any other key!
I was worried it was just me, or perhpas (worse) my device!

Yeah, I like the On/Off button set to keylock (like my old Hanlin V3), although I could conceivably do without this if I set the timer to auto key-lock after 10 mins, assuming you can still use the power button to unlock the Keys?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was worried it was just me, or perhpas (worse) my device!

Yeah, I like the On/Off button set to keylock (like my old Hanlin V3), although I could conceivably do without this if I set the timer to auto key-lock after 10 mins, assuming you can still use the power button to unlock the Keys?
Yes set the keylock on a timer, mine is 30 mins. To unlock just press on/off key which works for this no matter what you've mapped it to.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #29
Ulli
(-:

Pressing the both big buttons let you go to the main menu from where ever you want.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #30
poshm
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Pressing the both big buttons let you go to the main menu from where ever you want.
Not on my PB360 it doesn't.

Pressing both big buttons for a long time will take you back to the main menu when in the middle of reading a book. It does not work when you are browsing your book collection - and I tried this both when folders in my book collection were on display and again when I actually dug deeper and got to my epub files. It simply does not work.