Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Hanselda
Enthusiast
Hanselda began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook, Sony PRS 600
Mounting cybook under linux

I have some problem while trying to mount the cybook under linux. When plug in the device only the inserted SD card could be recognized but not the internal memory, so to say, there is no /dev/sda* for the internal memory created. dmesg shows also only the SD card. Is there anything to do with the kernel modules?
Hanselda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Normally the SD card is /dev/sda1 and the internal memory /dev/sdb1.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I have set these rules for udev:

BUS="scsi", SYSFS{vendor}="Bookeen ", SYSFS{model}="Cybook Gen3 -FD", KERNEL="sd[a-z]1", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="cybook"
BUS="scsi", SYSFS{vendor}="Bookeen ", SYSFS{model}="Cybook Gen3 -SD", KERNEL="sd[a-z]1", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="card"

This way the cybook (no matter wich sd?1) comes out as /dev/cybook and the SD card as /dev/card. If your distribution is decently recent (even 3 years old should do), it probably uses udev already. Search Google for a tutorial/howto on how to use and write udev rules if you don't know it.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The recommended way to do this for modern linux distributions is to write an fdi file for HAL. That way you can specify where the device should be mounted and make it user/auto mountable. For example, here's the FDI file I use for the SONY reader and Kindle:
Code:
cat /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-libprs500.fdi

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deviceinfo version="0.2">

<device>
      <match key="usb_device.vendor_id" int="1356">
          <match key="usb_device.product_id" int="667">
              <merge key="libprs500.deviceclass" type="string">PRS500</merge>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>

<device>
      <match key="usb_device.vendor_id" int="1356">
          <match key="usb_device.product_id" int="798">
              <merge key="libprs500.deviceclass" type="string">PRS505</merge>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>

<device>
      <match key="info.category" string="volume">
          <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0x54c">
              <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.product_id" int="0x31e">
                  <match key="volume.is_partition" bool="false">
                      <merge key="volume.label" type="string">Sony Reader Main Memory</merge>
                      <merge key="libprs500.mainvolume" type="string">PRS505</merge>
                  </match>
              </match>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>
  <device>
          <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0x54c">
              <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.product_id" int="0x31e">
                  <match key="volume.is_partition" bool="true">
                      <merge key="volume.label" type="string">Sony Reader Storage Card</merge>
                      <merge key="libprs500.cardvolume" type="string">PRS505</merge>
                  </match>
              </match>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>

<device>
      <match key="usb_device.vendor_id" int="6473">
          <match key="usb_device.product_id" int="1">
              <merge key="libprs500.deviceclass" type="string">KINDLE</merge>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>

<device>
          <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0x1949">
              <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.product_id" int="0x1">
                  <match key="volume.is_partition" bool="false">
                      <merge key="volume.label" type="string">Kindle Internal Storage USB Device</merge>
                      <merge key="kindle.mainvolume" type="string">KINDLE</merge>
                  </match>
              </match>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>
  <device>
          <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0x1949">
              <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:usb.product_id" int="0x1">
                  <match key="volume.is_partition" bool="true">
                      <merge key="volume.label" type="string">Kindle Card Storage USB Device</merge>
                      <merge key="kindle.cardvolume" type="string">KINDLE</merge>
                  </match>
              </match>
          </match>
      </match>
  </device>

</deviceinfo>
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #5
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
Mounts fine under Suse without any configuration chabges

I have SUSE 10.3 installed on my Acer laptop, I find that if I connect my Cybook both memory card and internal memory are recognized, no need to make any configuration changes.

I did find that i needed to log off and back on again after I had connected.
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert