Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #46
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
tested both now , screen2pgm and screenshot , both worked fine and gave me regular images.

screen2pgm made a 469kb pgm , converted to jpeg got 37kb
and screenshot made a converted jpeg with 45kb

so , iwould need some info .

first . both of them are getting images trought the same way ?

if not ? wich of them is getting higher quality ?

and also , comparated to default screenshot [ home tap home ] we have a quality improvement ?

or even , wich conversion would get me better quality or definition or so ... thanks

second ;

titano , there´s a timeout for the script to make the capture ? how many seconds would that be ?

thanks
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #47
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
tested both now , screen2pgm and screenshot , both worked fine and gave me regular images.

screen2pgm made a 469kb pgm , converted to jpeg got 37kb
and screenshot made a converted jpeg with 45kb

so , iwould need some info .

first . both of them are getting images trought the same way ?

if not ? wich of them is getting higher quality ?

and also , comparated to default screenshot [ home tap home ] we have a quality improvement ?

or even , wich conversion would get me better quality or definition or so ... thanks

second ;

titano , there´s a timeout for the script to make the capture ? how many seconds would that be ?

thanks
)

First: Yes they are both using the program screen2pgm, if you just run the tool it might (I don't really know) be a higher quality (maybe I should have converted it to a png and not a jpg). All I did was write a script to use his program, he did all the real work. I'm not sure how it's better or worse then the built in screen shot command, I don't know if the normal command has any limitations but this can take screenshots from anywhere at anytime.

Second: It's 30 seconds, then it launches the ImageViewer (so you know when it's done). You can change it by opening the script and editing the command "sleep 30" to what ever time you want (so "sleep 60" would be a minute).

Last edited by Titano; 07-29-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #48
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

thanks nupogodi , titano and geekmaster !

other question ... has any of you had success on getting the drawtool offline? i really need something like that...

soon ill post back some results ive got with al the tools ... see ya
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #49
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
thanks nupogodi , titano and geekmaster !

other question ... has any of you had success on getting the drawtool offline? i really need something like that...

soon ill post back some results ive got with al the tools ... see ya
I have tried recreating the draw tool but the problem is that it uses some custom code or something that can't be used by other code (at least I can't do it). I can get a custom waf with nothing different besides the source of the files changed to run but it still won't allow me to actually draw (it does load though so I don't understand it). I guess it's up to someone else for now .
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #50
zerolucat
Enthusiast
zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I very interested to the possibility of drawing with kindle touch. I noted that there is a similar "application" for drawing. The advantage is that it is easily downloadable, and so it can be used offline. I tried to use it for a waf extension, but there is some problem with ontouchstart/move/end and it's impossible to draw anything . Maybe is the solution in the config.xml file?
zerolucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 AM   #51
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
thanks for the link. that was fun
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_030.png
Views:	216
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	93215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_031.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	93217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_035.png
Views:	201
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	93225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_036.png
Views:	197
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	93226  

Last edited by twobob; 10-02-2012 at 09:34 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #52
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes. it is possible. but...

In response to your PM I had a look at the website.

also http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/

the issue appears to be with detecting the mouse (down) event(s). there is info on which events (and how painfully long they take to run) on the the threads on here somewhere, webkit returns a very limited set on the kindle.

Simply put you would have to check for the correct events in the originating application. As other applications do actually work via webkit it is therefore possible to make this one work. However you would require access to the source and some testing knowledge to update the events handling to be more robust.

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_033.png
Views:	223
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	93223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_034.png
Views:	222
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	93224  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #53
twobob

In response to your other point about using an updated version of the application locally as a WAF, that seems eminently do-able. The draw application is essentially the mrdoob one so I don't see how an evolution would not work (given a bit of love)

If you posted what you had so far it would be easier than guessing what is wrong. thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #54
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The built-in draw tool is harmony. Is the web version better?

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-02-2012 at 09:41 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #55
zerolucat
Enthusiast
zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.zerolucat is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

thanks for all. I found the mistake! It was in the config.xml that I wrote for the app...
For example, if I use this config.xml

Quote:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
xmlns:kindle="http://kindle.amazon.com/ns/widget-extensions"
id="com.zerolucat.drawing"
version="0.1"
viewmodes="application">
<name>drawing</name>
<description>
drawing </description>
<content src="index.html" />
<!-- configuration -->
<kindle:gestures>
<param name="drag" value="no"/>
<param name="pinchzoom" value="no"/>
<param name="tap" value="no"/>
<param name="multi_tap" value="no"/>
</kindle:gestures>
<kindle:chrome>
<kindle:asset key="useCustomSearchBar" value="true" />
</kindle:chrome>
<!-- features used to control JS API -->
<feature name="http://kindle.amazon.com/apis" required="true">
<param name="gestures" value="yes"/>
</feature>
</widget>
the waf app seems to work... there are some problems whit the coordinates, when the "touch" end, butI think that are due to the javascript code of the app (sorry for my english)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #56
twobob

would you mind sharing a complete example of your "almost working" code please?

EDIT: I've had a bit of a play around to see about making it better but would appreciate starting in the same place as you. thanks

Last edited by twobob; 10-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
a lot of talk is going on about getting this tool offline. what if we store the draw tool in the cache for offline use? ahem, just a guess.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #58
zerolucat
Enthusiast

sorry... this is the extension
Attached Files
File Type: zip drawing.zip (33.3 KB, 156 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #59
zerolucat
Enthusiast

sorry again... the correct file is
Attached Files
File Type: zip drawing.zip (33.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #60
twobob

hmm. yeah. looks to have some sort of "release" issue. or something...
odd

Tags
launcher add-ons