Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #46
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by language gamer View Post
Anybody have tips/tricks for downloading, installing, and editing themes?
No tips as such but I remember someone else asking about themes recently so will give a few pointers.

Themes basically change the display of your pocketbook and namely the menu page. You can find other themes in a zip file in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66786

While your PB is connected to your computer, install the themes. Copy the .pbt files over to: your pocketbook drive | system | themes

And then on the PocketBook itself you will need to select your theme by going to Main Menu | Appearance | Theme

There is some more info on themes here which I had to get google to translate from Russian:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ketbook/themes
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #47
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Here are some links to themes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...8&d=1262980929
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...9&d=1262980964
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...0&d=1262981002

Dunno if the language is saved in the themes, perhaps your PB is german now :/
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #48
language gamer
language gamer doesn't litterlanguage gamer doesn't litterlanguage gamer doesn't litter

Device: Nook Touch, Pocketbook 360, ebookwise 1150 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
No tips as such but I remember someone else asking about themes recently so will give a few pointers.

Themes basically change the display of your pocketbook and namely the menu page. You can find other themes in a zip file in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66786

While your PB is connected to your computer, install the themes. Copy the .pbt files over to: your pocketbook drive | system | themes

And then on the PocketBook itself you will need to select your theme by going to Main Menu | Appearance | Theme

There is some more info on themes here which I had to get google to translate from Russian:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ketbook/themes
Thanks for the help. There are some pretty good themes here and at the Russian site there is apparently everything you need to create themes, although I haven't managed to do it yet.

The main advantage is that some of these themes don't just change the appearance, but also change the configuration of the main menu, changing the button options and layout.
language gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #49
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Sticky Tips and tricks for PocketBook

Maybe it is the lack of sleep for two days now, but why does that title with tag seem, well kinda norty?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #50
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
The fred/minifred theme for Pocketbook allows you to see more then the last 2 opened books.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...0&d=1262981002
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #51
TheHutt
Zealot
TheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheeseTheHutt can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook 360°
Here one tip from me:

- If you select start/end logo by random, you will occasionally get the standard "Bookland" logo as well. If you do not want to have it this way, just call one of your custom logos "bookland.bmp" and place it in the "system\logo" folder, as usual. It will override the built-in Bookland logo.
TheHutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #52
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
That was the discovery that prompted me to create the thread.
I was looking for a tool to convert ttc to ttf and I kept finding pages with detailed steps for installing the "Vista fonts" on Linux. Many of those detailed walk-throughs included script that simply renamed the CAMBRIA.TTC to CAMBRIA.TTF, so I gave it a try. And since PocketBook basically runs generic Linux stuff ... it worked. Perhaps even Guys In Kiev (TM) do not know yet that it works ;-)
I had some .otf fonts I wanted to try. They also worked when I renamed them to .ttf.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #53
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

If you have a lot of books using View->Easy can help by greatly reducing the number of pages you have to go through.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #54
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
If you have a lot of books using View->Easy can help by greatly reducing the number of pages you have to go through.
Thanks, great tip!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #55
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If I press 'view' in the file window I just get the options: list, details and thumbnail. And I can't find any 'view' in settings.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #56
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If I press 'view' in the file window I just get the options: list, details and thumbnail. And I can't find any 'view' in settings.
That's what I get when I hit 'view', too. But I'm using the standard PB360 installation software. Maybe this is with the wrist page turn version of FBreader, which I haven't gotten around to installing yet.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #57
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Quote:
I have the latest firmware version.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #58
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Thats exactly what I have as well. Nothing in there says 'easy'.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #59
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Maybe the firmware is translated into Romanian and the list view is called "easy"?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:20 AM   #60
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Maybe the firmware is translated into Romanian and the list view is called "easy"?
Careful investigation seems to suggest it's not the new firmware but the theme I'm using. It's named five and I fished it out of the ebook forum.

Made a screen shot of how the "Easy" view looks like and the theme is in the zip file.

Warning. Selecting the view "Easy" and then changing to a theme that does not have that view will make your book list invisible but selectable. To fix it just select one of the views that exist.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0002.bmp (234.5 KB, 3801 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip five.zip (64.3 KB, 1449 views)