Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-18-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
mrsp
Connoisseur
mrsp began at the beginning.

Device: palm T2
How do you assign categories??

I have everything up and running successfully and have loaded books from a number of sources - one from ebookwise, one from manybooks and a couple that I converted using convert lit and book designer.

With the exception of the one from ebookwise which has ended up in the "Fiction" category, everything else is piled in together in the "General Interest" category.

Is there a way to reassign books to different categories? In book designer there was a section to choose the category but it only gave you the option of the existing general interest category and wouldn't let me add new ones?
mrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 PM   #2
Stephanos
Connoisseur
Stephanos doesn't litterStephanos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Are you using the eBookwise Librarian software to send files to the reader? If so, you can assign any category to an .imp file by clicking "Details" on the librarian screen. But you must do this before you upload the file to the reader. Once it's sent to the reader you can't change or assign categories.

BTW, the Librarian software is still usable for uploading files even after the trial period expires. It just limits the number of files in the listing sent to the reader to three.
Stephanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:30 AM   #3
mrsp
Connoisseur
mrsp began at the beginning.

Device: palm T2
Hi Stephanos

I've found it - initially I didn't realise that you could type new categories and so was stymied by the empty drop down. Its all working now though.
mrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:34 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanos View Post
Are you using the eBookwise Librarian software to send files to the reader? If so, you can assign any category to an .imp file by clicking "Details" on the librarian screen. But you must do this before you upload the file to the reader. Once it's sent to the reader you can't change or assign categories.
After the download you can just erase the eBook on the device and then change the category on the IMP file and redownload it again. If you don't erase the original on the device you will end up with two copies in different categories.

If you use eBook Publisher (free download from ETI) you can create the books from the beginning with the category you choose. Some of the places I download from such has Munsey's doesn't always format the files like I would like anyway so I download the RB file or the zip file and then run it through eBook Publisher to fix it up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
One thing I don't like about Publisher is that it doesn't maintain a dropdown of categories like Librarian does. So what I do is have category OPFs – ShortStories.opf, SceinceFiction.opf, etc. – and load those when I do a new book, just generating a new ID and importing a new HTML. Overall, Librarian is more convenient. If it just grabbed a few features from Publisher, where more steps are required to do things, it would be ideal. A button to toggle font size as only-large / only-small / both, and a few more things, say.

Last edited by Jadon; 12-19-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
One thing I don't like about Publisher is that it doesn't maintain a dropdown of categories like Librarian does. So what I do is have category OPFs – ShortStories.opf, SceinceFiction.opf, etc. – and load those when I do a new book, just generating a new ID and importing a new HTML. Overall, Librarian is more convenient. If it just grabbed a few features from Publisher, where more steps are required to do things, it would be ideal. A button to toggle font size as only-large / only-small / both, and a few more things, say.
A customized drop down of categories would be nice in Publisher. I will add it to the list I maintain of improvements I'd like to see. One thing to note about Librarian is that it keeps a copy of all files when you change the category. Eventually you will want to erase all of the old files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote