Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Codetoad13
Codetoad13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Libre and BN epubs

Does the Libre support the Barnes and Noble version of Adobe DRM for epub?

Codetoad13
Codetoad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I believe not. ADE DRM ePub/PDF works with the Aluratek not B&N ePub. Their DRM scheme is different and I am not referring to their pdb DRM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iphone 3gs-(JB), asus 1000h, e-ink nook, libre pro, Wht PDN, Huawei s7
Wink B&N books on the libre pro

My mom just bought a nook and B&N had a large number of free books to download. She is technically challenged being 76 years old, so I set it up and have been helping her learn to use it. I just got my libre and am learning it as well.

I have the Libre Pro and the free books from B&N are in ade epub format. So I made a folder on my sd card for the libre and named it B&N books. I transferred the files downloaded into my documents folder on my pc called "my barns and noble ebooks". It will have a folder under your email address for whatever B&N account is listed. My B&N folder has 2 folders- my mother's email and my e-mail. I copied these epub files(NON DRM) onto my libre sd card and they open on the libre.

So in answer to your question- yes- B&N epub files will work on your libre pro. I haven't tried any drm'd files since all the books I have are the free ones. B&N have 75 or more free books available for their nook listed on the left column under free ebooks. But you have to have an account and give a credit card to keep on file- even for the free ones.

I'll bet if you remove the drm they should work on the libre too. When I buy a book for the Nook I'll give it a try and post results.

Last edited by sashusmom; 06-29-2010 at 02:31 AM.
sashusmom is offline   Reply With Quote