Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Convert Mobi to txt

I have some Mobi/prc files that I would like to edit slightly in a text editor or Microsoft Word. In particular, I want to add some first line indents to make the paragraphs easier to read.

Is there any software that will allow me to do this? I am running Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Jerry
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If they are DRM-free, then mobi2oeb (from Calibre) can explode the MOBI to HTML and images and a .opf file. Or you can use mobi2html (from MobiPerl), although it does not work on MOBIs with high compression. You can then edit the HTML and recreate a MOBI with Windows MobiPocket Creator (or Reader) or MobiPerl's html2mobi.

Some of the existing metadata may be lost in this process, although the .opf file from mobi2oeb contains some of it and if the HTML has not changed much you can import the .opf file "as is" into Creator or Reader (providing the new HTML has the same filename as before).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert