Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:04 PM   #1
HamMerhead
HamMerhead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre Email Auto Send

I have a difficulty with : "Preferences->Sharing books by email->auto send"

Fetch News download occurs, but the document is not emailed.

Manually initiating email of the downloaded document works, 'auto send' does not. The 3rd party smtp server works with Calibre.

The downloaded News is MOBI/EPUB is in format. I tried 'auto send' formats of both "AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW1" and simply "MOBI" neither works.

I tried recreating both the Fetch News and the 'By email' configurations.

This 'auto send' feature has been working for many years but stopped working a few month ago, without any settings changes.

I currently use Calibre 3.26.1 on Windows 10, and Calibre is always running and I am always logged in.

Any body else have this difficulty? Any suggestions for getting auto send working?
HamMerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What does MOBI/EPUB mean? The downloaded news can be in either MOBI or EPUB format, not both. Whichever format you choose, make sure that format is in the list of allowed formats for the email address you want to auto send to.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 02:23 AM   #3
HamMerhead

>>What does MOBI/EPUB mean? The downloaded news can be in either MOBI or EPUB format, not both.

MOBI/EPUB: If I look at the metadata for the document (The Economist) in the top right hand corner I see a box containing both MOBI (5.72 MB) and EPUB (5.60MB) icons.

Perhaps I don't understand but I interpreted this as both formats, hence the MOBI/EPUB.

I'm using one of the recipes from the Fetch News menu (btw, there are two entries for The Economist). I cant see a way to select download format there.

I tried two tests of download format matching (in 'sharing by email'), each had a different email address. One was "AZW, MOBI, TPZ, PRC, AZW1" (the default) and the other "MOBI". Neither were sent.

Based on your comment and my assumption I wonder if both formats "MOBI/EPUB" in the document inhibits the match for sending? Just a guess.

In the Preferences->Behavior menu 'Automatically send downloaded news to ebook reader' is checked.' Preferred output format is set to EPUB.

The log file for manually triggered emails says the output is MOBI, I can't figure out what the input was but there is a line saying "Converting XHTML to Mobipocket markup..."

Any suggestions?

Last edited by HamMerhead; 06-23-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The news is downloaded in whatever format you have set as your prefered output format. Make sure that same format is in the list of allowed formats for the email address you want to auto send to, and you will be fine. If you want to read news in the MOBI format, set your prefered output format to AZW3 rather than EPUB, this will cause news to be downloaded in MOBI (this is becauzse amazon does not allow email delivery of news in azw3 format).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
HamMerhead

Fantastic.

Setting the preferred output format to AWZ3 resulted in a downloaded document with a single content type - MOBI. This was successfully auto sent by both test cases mentioned previously.

FYI, I tried a couple of other cases for preferred output format: MOBI and DOCX. Each downloaded a document with a single content type, with the format same as specified.

Thanks for the speedy response.
Advert

Tags
auto send, email