Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Thanks, the windows version did not work, but the python script attached here worked, now that I new what to search for:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...es-to-t2978952

This is definitely android built for kindle by amazon.

I installed one of the APK, and I dont have all the depencies, but it did load up, it wants me to log into some page that is in chinese, I assume the partner amazon went with there.
And:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...5#post57742855
And:
https://android.googlesource.com/pla...ter/blockimg.c
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #47
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
@knc1 what do you think the odds are that paperwhite update 6.x when we get it will be this android version?

With them really scraping update numbers in the 5.x range, I feel like they may be planning a big change
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Firmware series 6.x.y IS Android.

Two points, that if I where making the product change decision:
1) Amazon/Linux is much more secure than Google/Linux (Android) - everybody alive can root Android
2) Only the newest Oasis has the hardware resources to run Android in a reasonable manner.
(The Chinese Android for the Paperwhite and others is only "bragging rights" - not really practical)

With J. Bezo's strong feelings against after-market add-ins and being able to keep control of their e-book readers, I would say that (1) would be the decision point to not change to the less secure system.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:39 PM   #49
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Firmware series 6.x.y IS Android.

Two points, that if I where making the product change decision:
1) Amazon/Linux is much more secure than Google/Linux (Android) - everybody alive can root Android
2) Only the newest Oasis has the hardware resources to run Android in a reasonable manner.
(The Chinese Android for the Paperwhite and others is only "bragging rights" - not really practical)

With J. Bezo's strong feelings against after-market add-ins and being able to keep control of their e-book readers, I would say that (1) would be the decision point to not change to the less secure system.

I guess, what we have found in this thread that Mr.Samuel posted is that Amazon has an official Android build for the Kindle basic touch ( Kindle Migu in China ). They call it 5.7.2.1 in that market.

https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/custom...deId=202167860

I'm wondering why amazon built that android version only for china market, and would not port it to the rest of the works in everything newer.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:58 PM   #50
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I guess, what we have found in this thread that Mr.Samuel posted is that Amazon has an official Android build for the Kindle basic touch ( Kindle Migu in China ). They call it 5.7.2.1 in that market.

https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/custom...deId=202167860

I'm wondering why amazon built that android version only for china market, and would not port it to the rest of the works in everything newer.
That is not for the KT3, that is an update for one of the Kindle Fire devices.

The KT3 update is here:
https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/custom...deId=202065490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Translate
Recent updates include:

Scalability Search: Now search for results that contain notes and callouts.
Clock in the book: You do not have to leave the page you are reading to see the current time now. To display the clock, use the options in the [Display Settings] (Aa) menu.
Bold settings: All fonts now have bold settings that you can adjust between the five levels of grading, making reading easier and more eye-friendly. You can use this new font weight option in the eBook's Display Settings (Aa) menu.

Download Kindle (Gen 8) software update

Once connected to WiFi and powered on, your Kindle device will automatically download and install the latest software version.

You can also manually download and install software updates. Before manually downloading a software update, make sure your Kindle ebook reader is the current software version.

To determine the current Kindle version of the software reader:

On 【home page】, click 【menu】 icon, then click 【setting】.
In [Settings], click the [Menu] icon again, then click [Device Info].

If your device is up-to-date, something like this should display: Kindle 5.9.4

If you do not have this software version, click the link below to download the software update directly to your computer:

Download Software Update 5.9.4

After you download the file to your computer, see Transferring and installing Kindle e-book reader software updates for instructions on installing the update.

Under the terms of the free and open source licenses, Amazon is pleased to provide you the source code archive for this software update:

Download the source code
Download legal notice and open source statement

Related help page

Kindle ebook reader software update troubleshooting
Old 02-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #51
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is not for the KT3, that is an update for one of the Kindle Fire devices.

The KT3 update is here:
https://www.amazon.cn/gp/help/custom...deId=202065490

I think you may have missed a post. REcently we found out about the software update for the Kindle X "Migu" device.

This isn't for the "KT 3" precisely, it is form the "Kindle X", sold only in china - One of my links meant to go to the store, but I double linked to the software update page. https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B01I235KH4

Thats the product listing on amazon.cn, where we can see that it is an e-ink device.

Goodereader is the place that says it is the same hardware as the kindle basic touch, (167 ppi) at least.

I downloaded the amazon firmware for that, and installed one of the APK from it on the android emulator, and the program matches the user videos of the e-ink kindle X on the amazon.cn web site.

The properties files I have been able to extract show it is for the same named 'heisenberg' line as these later gen kindles like pw3 and kt3.

Code:
DEFCONFIG_NAME="imx_heisenberg_defconfig"
Code:
mfg="Amazon"
board="wario"

And it has the kernel modules for the e-ink screen: /lib/modules/mxc_epdc_eink.ko

< attached is the e-ink waveforem update script from the android image downloaded form Amazon.cn >

Although I should recognize it is also possible that they have gone the other way - and put an e-ink screen on the fire tablet line - the case shown on the store looks identical to the basic kindle side by side.
Attached Files
File Type: txt epdc_init.sh.txt (895 Bytes, 216 views)

Last edited by coplate; 02-11-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #52
Mr.Samuel
Connoisseur
Mr.Samuel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3, kindle oasis 2
Android of kindle oasis

Quote:
I think you may have missed a post. REcently we found out about the software update for the Kindle X "Migu" device.

This isn't for the "KT 3" precisely, it is form the "Kindle X", sold only in china - One of my links meant to go to the store, but I double linked to the software update page. https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B01I235KH4

Thats the product listing on amazon.cn, where we can see that it is an e-ink device.

Goodereader is the place that says it is the same hardware as the kindle basic touch, (167 ppi) at least.

I downloaded the amazon firmware for that, and installed one of the APK from it on the android emulator, and the program matches the user videos of the e-ink kindle X on the amazon.cn web site.

The properties files I have been able to extract show it is for the same named 'heisenberg' line as these later gen kindles like pw3 and kt3.

And it has the kernel modules for the e-ink screen: /lib/modules/mxc_epdc_eink.ko

< attached is the e-ink waveforem update script from the android image downloaded form Amazon.cn >

Although I should recognize it is also possible that they have gone the other way - and put an e-ink screen on the fire tablet line - the case shown on the store looks identical to the basic kindle side by side.
How to install the apk? Like install other apks download from the market directly? Or put the lib folder inside the apk and install?
I looked into the apk file and find there is no /lib folder inside the apk.

Besides,there seems the Kindle x Migu's system has no package installer to install third-party apps.
Mr.Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #53
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Samuel View Post
How to install the apk? Like install other apks download from the market directly? Or put the lib folder inside the apk and install?
I looked into the apk file and find there is no /lib folder inside the apk.

Besides,there seems the Kindle x Migu's system has no package installer to install third-party apps.
What I mean is that I installed the 'Android Studio' from google - to be a android developer.

Then I created an Android Virtual Device running lollipop inside that.

Then I used the android developer tools to copy one of the APK files from the Migu system image I downloaded into the the Android Virtual Device I had running on my computer.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:06 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral

"Goodereader" is the place that says it is the same hardware as the kindle basic touch, (167 ppi) at least.

OH, the very highest possible recommendation (and reputation) web-site.

Normally, they only lift information from this site, add dramatization and ...

Nearly as easy to believe as links that never got posted.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:30 AM   #55
Zonda
Zonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litter

Device: kindle oasis
And yesterday I find my kindle oasis was updata to 5.9.2…KUAL was disappear_(:з」∠)_so I can't "brush" it to android( •̥́ ˍ •̀ू )
ps:What is the correct expression of “brush”?
Zonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:41 AM   #56
Zonda
Zonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litterZonda doesn't litter

Device: kindle oasis
Emmmmm…I've been typing so many words, before I could send it, is it gone?
“Migu” is a web of e-bookstore,in China,some e-bookstore have e-ink device. The difference is they make these e-ink from themselves. But they alway include some of the finished books. But many people read the novel that has no end. I like read these novel by "Jinjiang",many boys like read these novel by "Qidian"
Zonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #57
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonda View Post
And yesterday I find my kindle oasis was updata to 5.9.2…KUAL was disappear_(:з」∠)_so I can't "brush" it to android( •̥́ ˍ •̀ू )
The top of post #4 is probably the best answer to your question.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #58
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonda View Post
..... can't "brush" it to android( •̥́ ˍ •̀ू )
To reiterate - brush means flash or flashing (an image / firmware / rom / etc)
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:16 AM   #59
jimxin
jimxin began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotgeek1 View Post
I have found where the registration code is being checked.

inside the zip
http://182.254.232.41/firmtest/andro...dle.171102.zip
there is a file named esystem.bin. (It should be similar for the other devices and versions)

This file is really an ext4 filesystem (you can check with "file" command).

Mount it:

mkdir droid
mount -o loop -t ext4 esystem.bin droid

Now look inside:

cd droid
ls

you see the android filesystem (app/priv-app/etc)

I used apktool to decompile all apks, and found an interesting one JSONClient.apk.
It has code to force itself to be the default launcher, and lock out all other apps. It also checks the device serial number, etc. So it is almost certainly the registration check.

I used a java decompiler to read the code and found that it uses a jni library "libjnidemo.so" (LOL) to create some kind of hash of the serial number, upload it to kdroid.net, and check the result.

Rather than try to crack it I think that you could just delete that apk and then install the modified image.
It stops at "starting apps" after installing the modified image. Could you give some help, thanks very much!
jimxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:24 AM   #60
jejer
jejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle3
activation check bypassed: https://weijia.info/2018/04/19/bypas...-verification/
jejer is offline   Reply With Quote