Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Dvalin21
Zealot
Dvalin21 began at the beginning.

Device: VS Gtablet/Zenithink/GS II T-Mobile
Jumper JK01-TT Tablet PC with WiFi and 3G

Has anyone else heard of this device? Maybe a copycat of this device somewhere relse? Received this in an email this morning boasting to be IPAD killer. Some how I doubt it.

http://www.ownta.com/jumper-jk01-tt-...fi-and-3g.html
Dvalin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
nonanon
Enthusiast
nonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmosnonanon has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad, Nook Simple Touch
The specs look impressive, Windows 7, dual-core, 2g memory, 250g HD, HDMI/USB ports, built-in wifi & 3g, 2meg camera, card reader and (maybe) an accelerometer. I can't find info on it's dimensions (the screen is supposedly larger) but it's likely larger and heavier than the iPad and lacks all the apps the iPad offers. I doubt it's an iPad killer but it might be a good alternative for some.
nonanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
There's apparently a heap of similar iPad copies being rushed out by various Asian based manufacturers. However, I'd be more than a little wary of the claims for such devices, especially lines like this:

Quote:
Windows 7 operation system (come with Chinese Version, can install English version)
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonanon View Post
I can't find info on it's dimensions (the screen is supposedly larger) but it's likely larger and heavier than the iPad and lacks all the apps the iPad offers. I doubt it's an iPad killer but it might be a good alternative for some.
There are plenty of other reasons to not choose a windows-based slate such as performance concerns (most seem to be basically netbooks without a keyboard) or battery life, but unless you are going to ignore the vast amounts of software that are available for any windows machine then lack of apps is not really a valid complaint.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote