Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Are early adopters stupid?

That's the title of the newest PDA Thoughts from Shaun McGill over at PDA24/7. We all wrestle with our impatience to get the latest and greatest new device as soon as it's released. Our common sense tells us that our current device is reasonably adequate and that the newly released device may not yet be stable or compatible with the software we need to use. But our device lust is powerful. A nice topic that touches all true mobile computing addicts!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #2
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Buying the Librie stupid?

Seems to be the general opinion :P
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
That's the title of the newest PDA Thoughts from Shaun McGill over at PDA24/7. We all wrestle with our impatience to get the latest and greatest new device as soon as it's released. Our common sense tells us that our current device is reasonably adequate and that the newly released device may not yet be stable or compatible with the software we need to use. But our device lust is powerful. A nice topic that touches all true mobile computing addicts!
It's not just mobile addicts.

I don't need a new computer. My current works fine.

The new iMacs are awfully nifty looking, though.

And I've been putting off buying a Libre for ages now.

And I'm still waiting for a Lifebook 1510D to get in stock.

I don't think, though, being an early adopter is stupid if you got the money and the technical chops for it. It's a hobby in its own right. You just have to be prepared that sometimes you're going to throw money down a dead end technology.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I get device 'lust' so to speak often... Yet I rarely am able to act upon it.

I do however collect any technology that it's former user wishes to be rid of, and use that. That's how I acquired my Clie, (very elderly) box, 5-year-old laptop, and this 2-3 year old tablet... o.O The only new things I've managed to ever have around me are my Powerbook and my Zaurus...

However I am a bad person when it comes to early adopter-ship for software... OSX 10.4 the day it came out, upgrade regularly all my apps, even to betas/alphas sometimes... And of course sometimes I get burned by this habit. Other times it works fine. YMMV, of course.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote