Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2018, 12:25 AM   #2581
Ryune
Member
Ryune began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2017
Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Maybe? I'd need to see an example.
Blarg, looks like I was using the FFnet version for downloading not the Xenforo version. However the chapter itself does have things in center justification that are not being reproduced in the epub version.

This chapter of the story has the text in question
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1251521...lver-and-Steel
The first line that this pops up in is "Well met."

For Xenforo the same thing is happening. The chapter in question is here
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...2#post-9958859
The same lines are supposed to be both colored differently(it would be nice if these were shaded somewhat if at all possible) and right justified. Neither is reproduced in any way in the epub versions.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #2582
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!
 
Posts: 929
Karma: 5258
Join Date: Jan 2014
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Can I change an error message from this:

Code:
Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Unknown
Unknown
'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/260978/1/
to

Story no longer exists for links like that? Or the error message I get when I try the link on the website:

Story does not have any chapters?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #2583
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,172
Karma: 587518
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
Blarg, looks like I was using the FFnet version for downloading not the Xenforo version. However the chapter itself does have things in center justification that are not being reproduced in the epub version.

This chapter of the story has the text in question
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1251521...lver-and-Steel
The first line that this pops up in is "Well met."

For Xenforo the same thing is happening. The chapter in question is here
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.co...2#post-9958859
The same lines are supposed to be both colored differently(it would be nice if these were shaded somewhat if at all possible) and right justified. Neither is reproduced in any way in the epub versions.
In both cases, those are coming from style attributes. You can instruct FFF to keep style attributes in personal.ini:

Code:
## Some attributes cause problems for EBook readers.  By default,
## FanFicFare will remove all attributes except the ones specified
## from all tags.  (The only exception is that <img> tags will also
## keep src, alt and longdesc attributes.)
## Example: To add 'style', 'title' and 'align' to the list to keep,
## in your personal.ini [defaults] put:
add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style,title,align
The section you put it in will control which stories it applies to. [defaults] for all stories (generally), or by site or story URL.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #2584
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,172
Karma: 587518
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Can I change an error message from this:
...
Story no longer exists for links like that? Or the error message I get when I try the link on the website:

Story does not have any chapters?
They changed or added another version of 'no chapters' message. Next version will report Error downloading Chapter: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/260978/1/! 'Chapter not found. Please check to see you are not using an outdated url.'
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM   #2585
Ryune
Member
Ryune began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2017
Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
In both cases, those are coming from style attributes. You can instruct FFF to keep style attributes in personal.ini:

Code:
## Some attributes cause problems for EBook readers.  By default,
## FanFicFare will remove all attributes except the ones specified
## from all tags.  (The only exception is that <img> tags will also
## keep src, alt and longdesc attributes.)
## Example: To add 'style', 'title' and 'align' to the list to keep,
## in your personal.ini [defaults] put:
add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style,title,align
The section you put it in will control which stories it applies to. [defaults] for all stories (generally), or by site or story URL.
When I add that it doesn't seem to help.
Code:
[Default]
add_to_keep_html_attrs:style,title,align
Is what I have in my personal.ini. However, while add_to_keep_html_attrs is blue, the only attribute that is the green color is 'title'. 'Style' and 'align' don't seem to be registering even on their own.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM   #2586
Tanjamuse
Guru
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!
 
Posts: 929
Karma: 5258
Join Date: Jan 2014
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
They changed or added another version of 'no chapters' message. Next version will report Error downloading Chapter: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/260978/1/! 'Chapter not found. Please check to see you are not using an outdated url.'
Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #2587
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,172
Karma: 587518
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
When I add that it doesn't seem to help.
Code:
[Default]
add_to_keep_html_attrs:style,title,align
Is what I have in my personal.ini. However, while add_to_keep_html_attrs is blue, the only attribute that is the green color is 'title'. 'Style' and 'align' don't seem to be registering even on their own.
[defaults] not [Default]

And it will only affect chapters download after the change is made. So previously downloaded chapters will not be 'fixed'.

I use Calibre's Edit Book to remove the xhtml files for individual chapters and then FFF update in such cases.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #2588
Ryune
Member
Ryune began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Nov 2017
Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
[defaults] not [Default]

And it will only affect chapters download after the change is made. So previously downloaded chapters will not be 'fixed'.

I use Calibre's Edit Book to remove the xhtml files for individual chapters and then FFF update in such cases.
Yeah, I've been deleting the file wholesale and re-downloading the whole thing. And yeah, sorry, Misstyped the defaults. It's correct in my personal.ini. The problem I'm having though is that it seems to not be acknowledging the style and alight attributes in the ini file. They aren't green like all of the other attributes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	personal.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	161702  
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #2589
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,172
Karma: 587518
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryune View Post
Yeah, I've been deleting the file wholesale and re-downloading the whole thing. And yeah, sorry, Misstyped the defaults. It's correct in my personal.ini. The problem I'm having though is that it seems to not be acknowledging the style and alight attributes in the ini file. They aren't green like all of the other attributes.
Don't worry about that. Color coding in personal.ini isn't perfect; only the standard metadata entry names (like title) get green highlighting in lists.

What matters is whether it works.

I do notice that you're missing the leading comma that needs to be there:
add_to_keep_html_attrs:,style,title,align

Read here if you're interested in all the gory details about why.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #2590
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
JimmXinu's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,172
Karma: 587518
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2018-01-20
- Tweak 'Chapter not found...' check for ffnet for changed/new text.
- Set siteabbrev for adapter_wattpadcom

Hopefully last test version before new release early next week.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] Open With kiwidude Plugins 328 08-21-2017 12:34 AM
[GUI Plugin] KindleUnpack - The Plugin DiapDealer Plugins 403 07-29-2017 02:19 PM
[GUI Plugin] Marvin XD Philantrop Plugins 126 01-29-2017 01:48 PM
[GUI Plugin] KiNotes -axel- Plugins 0 07-14-2013 07:39 PM
[GUI Plugin] Plugin Updater **Deprecated** kiwidude Plugins 159 06-19-2011 01:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.