Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #61
jacobt13
jacobt13 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2, Nook simple with glow, Nook HD, Kindle Keyboard
Ah yes, but you are assuming I did the RIGHT thing! See, when the uninstall didn't fix the problem (did I mention patience was NOT a virtue??) and nothing was working right... RATHER than coming here to see if others were having a problem and whether there was a fix... I DID do the reset. My arrogance in thinking I could "figure it out" on my own lead to my own undoing! Thanks so much for trying to help! I know it was my own mistake. I was just hoping that once I had looked to see if this was a problem others were facing that I didn't miss anything in my searching. You are the best - so thanks for all that you do. Next time, look before I leap!
jacobt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #62
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jacobt13: Heh . Yep, too bad, the factory reset was the kiss of death .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 AM   #63
volkaoth
Enthusiast
volkaoth began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes, but -

MrPi requires the Kindle be jailbroken.

FW 5.6.x can not (currently) be jail broken, but if a recent (ver >= 1.14) was installed **prior to** installing 5.6.x, then the old JB will survive and can be updated.

There are many recent posts related to firmware version 5.6.x -
You can learn more of the details in them.

I thought FW 5.6.x can be jail broken manual by serial port .... or did i read something wrong?
volkaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:05 AM   #64
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
No, you got it right, but to do so you have to tear you're kindle open
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #65
magic_man185
magic_man185 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
How to install

I have a kindle PW2 that I had previously jailbroken, then lost the jailbreak with the latest silent update. I revived the jailbreak with the hotfix version, and it said that it completed successfully, but now I cannot install packages in the normal manner. I found this page as it says you can install stuff on the 5.6.1 firmware, but it mentions KUAL. I never installed KUAL with my jailbreak previously, am I out of luck? How would I go about getting this running if I am not? Thanks in advance.
magic_man185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 AM   #66
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Install KUAL - it is just a document - read its directions
Install this MrPi also
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #67
magic_man185
magic_man185 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Install KUAL - it is just a document - read its directions
Install this MrPi also
Thank you, I didn't realize it was just a document. I now have it, and this, up and running, and my screensavers are working again. Thanks!!
magic_man185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 AM   #68
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your welcome.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:09 PM   #69
quanquan
quanquan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
good article, I will test on my k5, Thanks.
quanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #70
quanquan
quanquan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@NiLuJe so the version 1.4.N can be used on the FW 5.6.x, right? My device is K5.

Last edited by quanquan; 01-28-2015 at 09:26 PM.
quanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #71
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This extension was specifically written for fw5.6.x
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 PM   #72
jonnydeath
jonnydeath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Cannot Upgrade usbnet or screensaver

Hello,
My PW at 5.6.1.0.2 is jailbroken. An old version of usbnetwork is installed from when at an older firmware and works fine. I am trying to upgrade usbnet and the screensaver packager. However, when I install via package installer in KUAL it goes right to "Destroying Packages" and the version does not seem to be upgraded.

Any ideas?
jonnydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #73
knc1
Going Viral

What is the first 4 characters of your serial number and what is the correct device nickname shown in this table: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers ?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #74
jonnydeath
jonnydeath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
What is the first 4 characters of your serial number and what is the correct device nickname shown in this table: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers ?
Thanks, I was an idiot!!

I thought it was a PW, but it was a PW2. Once i installed the right packages, everything is fine. it even said PW2 in kual
jonnydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:01 PM   #75
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.5.N, which fixes the utter breakage on legacy devices since v1.1.N (Oops?)...

Also of interest, among various minor fixes, is the fact that the MD5 checksum of a package is now properly checked.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote