Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 AM   #76
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I've sent them a reminder asking if they have received my application and the status of the application process.
So did you ever get a reply? - I never have, sent mine August 7th
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #77
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Whoops - these posts are August so people have been trying. These US dates confuse me!
Oh yes, I agree! You can change how the dates are displayed for you in your user control panel. I hope the link works for you, otherwise click on User CP on the topmost blue bar, then find the menu "Edit Options".
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #78
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
So did you ever get a reply? - I never have, sent mine August 7th
Nope I'm still waiting after two e-mails sent. No reply yet. I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea to send with my gmail address, probably ended up in there spam filter.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #79
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
I sent an email with a completed form on 19 August. No reply (and the spam filters have been checked). I've been waiting for ten working days to pass, but I'm also incredibly lazy, so I should probably chase up a reply soon.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #80
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I got my card number and have been borrowing books without any problems.
After I sent my application it took about a week for them to email me my number.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #81
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Thanks Almas, I have already received a reply (less than 24 hours). Just trying to sort out the bouncing email now - which others in this thread have had. I was so pleased to find this library, as I have been spending far too much on e-books! It is too easy to hit "Buy Now"!
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #82
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
I sent an email with a completed form on 19 August. No reply (and the spam filters have been checked). I've been waiting for ten working days to pass, but I'm also incredibly lazy, so I should probably chase up a reply soon.
Why don't you send another query using the "Ask A Librarian" service telling them the issues you've been having? Maybe that will remind them to chase it up for you!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #83
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

I'm glad that so many people have been able to gain membership to the library. I'm glad that I started this thread. I remember looking for a thread like this when I was searching the forums on how to gain membership to the Free Library, but no comprehensive thread was available for non-US residents!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #84
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Thanks Almas, I have already received a reply (less than 24 hours). Just trying to sort out the bouncing email now - which others in this thread have had. I was so pleased to find this library, as I have been spending far too much on e-books! It is too easy to hit "Buy Now"!
I understand completely! My local library does offer e-books but the selection is so poor! Most of the books are Mill & Boon romantic type (???). But am so much happier to have access to the Free Library. Haven't bought a single e-book since I signed up
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I did get an answer, the next day. Now I just need to figure out how to pay the 15 dollar fee. I cannot find a link...
I'm not sure there is a link. There is a place on library's website to ask your questions and they will reply via email or you can call them and speak to someone.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
I looked at the sent date of my application. I sent it on the 9th of August and haven't heard a peep. Perhaps it's time to e-mail them and ask if they have received the application. Perhaps it bounced without me knowing it.

mikaelalind did you get login-information in the reply or was it merely a standard e-mail?
They say it can take up to 10 business days.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Has anyone tried to signup to the Philadelphia library recently? I have sent off an enquiry as I'd love to join. No library in NZ has ebooks yet - and when I queried Auckland library they were very non-committal about it. Very frustrating when the rest of the world seems to have it sorted.

Whoops - these posts are August so people have been trying. These US dates confuse me!
Yes, I joined the Philly Free Library. I sent in the application with a check. I send in the application on a Thursday and got an email with the library card number the end of the second week and the following week, I got the library card.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #88
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I joined the Philly Free Library. I sent in the application with a check. I send in the application on a Thursday and got an email with the library card number the end of the second week and the following week, I got the library card.
It's so much easier to sign up when you live in the US! Just clarifying though, for non-US memberships, the checks option isn't available. The Free Library gives you the option to pay via credit card once they create an account for you
Old 08-28-2010, 03:50 AM   #89
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I also had trouble with the email address. I tried sending an attachment in word, a PDF, embedding the form in the email - all failed. In the end I reduced the size of the form, made it an image (instead of PDF) and it seemed to work - or at least it didn't bounce. The size of my email was less than 60kb so perhaps their filter limits the size of attachments. Hope this helps.

And Florence, thanks for the tip about the dates! I'll have a go.

Last edited by kiwipippa; 08-28-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Changed bk to kb
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #90
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I also had trouble with the email address. I tried sending an attachment in word, a PDF, embedding the form in the email - all failed. In the end I reduced the size of the form, made it an image (instead of PDF) and it seemed to work - or at least it didn't bounce. The size of my email was less than 60kb so perhaps their filter limits the size of attachments. Hope this helps.

And Florence, thanks for the tip about the dates! I'll have a go.
It's the size, I've to change the file three times. But, after that, only 8 days to answer (gmail address, by the way), and I've already downloaded three books and pur another three on hold (I payed wit c/c too).

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-28-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia