Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Questions for new Iliad owners!

This thread is for posting questions about the Iliad. New Iliad owners can come here when they have received their devices to answer some of the questions the poor Iliad-less people posted...

This is to prevent those question form cluttering up lots of other threads and getting lost or staying unnoticed.

Another good starting place is the Wiki. --Alex
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
First one, and a main one: Is GPL acknowledged for in the small print of the printed documentation, and if so for which software (Linux, xpdf, netpbm...)?

Even Sony acks it in the Librie docs.

What other software, non GPL, is acknowledged, and which versions (this is important for pdf)?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
How is the screen protected? None of the pictures I have seen show any kind of a cover. The inside of my bookbag is a tumultuous, chaotic, environment. I wouldn't want to put an unprotected iLiad screen in there. Does it come with anything to cover the screen?
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
LauretteBradley: It isn't, and no.

But they will be selling a case soonish apparently (this really bugs me, I spent all this money and they don't even give me a case).
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
I also want to get a screen protector, just like we use for PDAs or smartphones, wonder whether iliad has this kind of accessories.
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

not yet unfortunately
Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

About the GPL and other Software related questions..maybe the answer is here?

https://www.irexshop.com/conditions....cac076875e52e1

I'm too jittery to read it now, but maybe somebody wants to take a look...lots of legal stuff in there...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
FGFuzaxx
Enthusiast
FGFuzaxx has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
About the GPL and other Software related questions..maybe the answer is here?

https://www.irexshop.com/conditions....cac076875e52e1

I'm too jittery to read it now, but maybe somebody wants to take a look...lots of legal stuff in there...
Hmm... I am no Lawyer and english is not my native tongue, but this does not look GPLish, or am I wrong?:

Quote:
Unless otherwise specifically provided in writing and signed by IRex, Buyer shall not have the right to any software source code.
Greetings,
Frank
FGFuzaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I have no idea...there woas something aobut software rights and public availability and stuff so I thought it might be something like that...but I'm no lawyer either and english isn't my main language either so I thought that's for somebody else to plow through...^^
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
I'd be curious to know what books - if any - are on the Iliad already.
Wasn't there talk at some point of at least a dictionary?
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
The manual will be stored on the Iliad, at least thats what the quick-start guide says.
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:27 AM   #12
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
i think i have enough books for a few pleasant reading years And then there is always some recent novel, that you can get for your new toy. But mostly i will use it for manuals and references.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:47 AM   #13
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauretteBradley
How is the screen protected? None of the pictures I have seen show any kind of a cover. The inside of my bookbag is a tumultuous, chaotic, environment. I wouldn't want to put an unprotected iLiad screen in there. Does it come with anything to cover the screen?
The weak point of previous e-ink displays (ie librie) was not the front but the backplane. It is a rigid display, and excesive torsion can break it. Perhaps the wacom tablet here gives additional rigidity.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #14
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Here's one for tomorrow:

The charger it comes with is it the travel charger that is shown on their accessories list?

And does that have a UK style plug as well as the US/european types shown.

Otherwise I will have to go out and buy an adapter, and this scares me.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
for it being a "travel"hub, i sure hope they thought about that and it supports 110-240V and has several plugadapters. But then again ...
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote