Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 04:23 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo_Mao View Post
Ciao.
I have a Glo (FW 4.3.88.42 with patch) and cannot add fonts.
How can I do?
Sorry for my bad english.
That's 4.3.8842. To add fonts, create a directory called fonts from the root of the Glo. Then copy the fonts to the directory. Then reboot the Glo and you will be good to go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:30 AM   #47
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's 4.3.8842. To add fonts, create a directory called fonts from the root of the Glo. Then copy the fonts to the directory. Then reboot the Glo and you will be good to go.
Thank's.
I have made but not working.
I had already added the fonts in my glo with previous FW.
Sorry for my bad English.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #48
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Thank's.
It is important that "fonts" is written exactly in this way, all lower case letters, and that it is located directly in the root (not inside of any other folder; not inside of ".kobo" for instance).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thank's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It is important that "fonts" is written exactly in this way, all lower case letters, and that it is located directly in the root (not inside of any other folder; not inside of ".kobo" for instance).
One other item is that you need to power cycle or pinhole reset your Kobo after adding the fonts directory and when adding any new fonts to the directory.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #50
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
can koreader launch pdf's from Nickle

When I jailbroke my Kindle and installed Koreader, there was a hack to launch PDF's (and epubs) straight from the main interface using koreader to open the documents. Is there a way I can use Koreader on my Kobo (just for PFDs) without closing Nickle and navigating the directory structure.
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #51
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon View Post
When I jailbroke my Kindle and installed Koreader, there was a hack to launch PDF's (and epubs) straight from the main interface using koreader to open the documents. Is there a way I can use Koreader on my Kobo (just for PFDs) without closing Nickle and navigating the directory structure.
Short answer: No. You could make a "hidden" directory for your PDFs and setup the Switch to Koreader option in KSM. With the PDF directory set as the browser's home directory, it would be easy to find a new PDF. KOReader's History would show your opened PDFs. If you already had a PDF open in KOReader, and you had KOReader set to open in last document, you would have that PDF when you switched from Nickel.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #52
Biep
Enthusiast
Biep began at the beginning.

Device: Tobo Touch 2.0; Kobo Aura One
Is there a place that lists all the software for/ports to Kobo? Koreader, Plato, Frotz, vlasofsoft - what else is out there?
Biep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #53
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Based on some posts in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=315250&page=2 it seems that the "Registration Bypassing" info pointed to in post #1 of this thread is out of date.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #54
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
QtFrotz is not already added? Very bad
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #55
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Opening PDF's automatically with Koreader/kfmon

Hi,

I am trying to have my kobo open PDFs using Koreader automatically, as I did with my jb kindle and kvwallet.

I have installed kfmon (by unzipping it to the kobo /) and koreader (by unzipping it to .adds).

However, when I press on a PDF title, Nickle still launches the book.

Is what I am trying to do possible? I am using a Glo HD w/ latest firmware.

Thanks in advance.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 AM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@shoelesshunter: It is currently not possible, no.

(And possibly won't, ever, because KOReader happens to kill Nickel on Kobo, unlike on Kindle, where we simply try to hobble the main UI as best we can, which happens to be the source of an unending series of kludges. And even if we didn't kill Nickel, we happen to coax the device in a hardware state that is more efficient, but completely incompatible with Nickel).

TL;DR: Don't hold your breath. Even if it were technically possible, I wouldn't want to deal with the same kind of kludges KPVBooklet has to deal with on Kindle to make that possible.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #57
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@shoelesshunter: It is currently not possible, no.
Well, there is that plugin thing we were working on ... remember how it can handle custom mimetypes and extensions? Although, I'm not certain if it can override an existing mimetype without a patch.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #58
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geek1011: Yep, which is why I expanded on the specific KOReader case ;o).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:04 AM   #59
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
admittedly, this is pretty far out there, but I'll ask anyway. is there any way to do a screen capture on the Clara HD. maybe a hack or a patch I've missed?

several times since owning mine I've had a knee-jerk reflex to do a screen cap. just hoping. thanks.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #60
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
admittedly, this is pretty far out there, but I'll ask anyway. is there any way to do a screen capture on the Clara HD. maybe a hack or a patch I've missed?

several times since owning mine I've had a knee-jerk reflex to do a screen cap. just hoping. thanks.
There's an easy built in way, but it uses the power button which means if you enable it, you'll no longer be able to use it to turn it off or put it to sleep (or wake it up from sleep). However, that's not a problem if you use a sleep cover since the magnet can replace that functionality.

Last edited by rtiangha; 12-14-2019 at 06:21 AM.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote