Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #541
Pope Viper
Pope Viper began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've got a question.

I see in the all books option that each one is broken out by letter/number.

Is there a way to just have all the books listed (as in Calibre).

Also - How are there ways to change the look? I want have the look my forum, i'd also like to replace the icons to a more customized version.

Any insight?

Additionally - Is there a way to expand the window to dynamically fit the browser size.

Last edited by Pope Viper; 08-07-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Pope Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #542
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Viper View Post
I've got a question.

I see in the all books option that each one is broken out by letter/number.

Is there a way to just have all the books listed (as in Calibre).

Also - How are there ways to change the look? I want have the look my forum, i'd also like to replace the icons to a more customized version.

Any insight?

Additionally - Is there a way to expand the window to dynamically fit the browser size.
1 - list all books: see my previous post
2 - change look: write your own style-xxxxx.css
3 - expand window: change the style-default.css

mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #543
evillevi
evillevi began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Edit config_local.php:

Edit config_local.php (only if your computer [Synology] is fast enough or the number of books you have is < "a few 1000's"; if slow or larger, then the process of rendering the thumbnail covers takes way to much time!)
I have the Synology 112 and some 250 ebooks only. Rendering the thumbnails has always been terribly slow. I wonder if that is normal?
evillevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #544
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Yes, it's normal. While COPS is fast even on a relatively slow machine like a Synology with ARM processor the rendering of thumbnail covers is slow.

If you use a browser cache and do not clean the browser cache to often, luckily the thumbnail covers stay in the cache so the next time you want to look at your book collection the thumbnail covers are served from the browsercache which is considerably faster.

When using the OPDS feature of COPS the speed of the machine/synology is less of an issue as only the thumbnail covers you are actually looking at are rendered.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #545
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
http://themes.googleusercontent.com/ ?

Hi

I want to run this locally but I see that it is downloading content off the internet. At least that us what the css file and my network watch say. Is it possible to disable this stuff that tries to download from the net?

I am sorry to say but that is remarkably sloppy way of taking security and privacy into consideration , especially when people use such software to serve or reserve copyrighted or personal files. I am naturally thankful to the author however this kind of stuff should be imprinted prior to download.

thanks
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #546
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Hi

I want to run this locally but I see that it is downloading content off the internet. At least that us what the css file and my network watch say. Is it possible to disable this stuff that tries to download from the net?

I am sorry to say but that is remarkably sloppy way of taking security and privacy into consideration , especially when people use such software to serve or reserve copyrighted or personal files. I am naturally thankful to the author however this kind of stuff should be imprinted prior to download.

thanks
Hi,

The only thing downloaded from the Internet is the Open Sans webfont :

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?fami...alic,800italic

Where do you see a security / privacy issue ? If there is any security issue I'll fix it ASAP.

@mario, evillevi

There will be a new configuration item in the next release to choose how to handle thumbnail. I'll explain later :P

Last edited by vlad59; 08-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #547
msiemens
msiemens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi guys, I am wondering if I can connect to COPS just like to Calibre via Stanza:
http://calibreserver:8080/stanza
Is a similar interface offered by COPS as well?
Thanks in advance
Martin
msiemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #548
fatzgenfatz
fatzgenfatz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by msiemens View Post
Hi guys, I am wondering if I can connect to COPS just like to Calibre via Stanza:
http://calibreserver:8080/stanza
Is a similar interface offered by COPS as well?
Thanks in advance
Martin
I don't know Stanza, but the URL you provided looks like an RSS-Feed.
Try http://copsserver/data/feed.php
Maybe it is what you are looking for?

f.
fatzgenfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #549
msiemens
msiemens began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzgenfatz View Post
I don't know Stanza, but the URL you provided looks like an RSS-Feed.
Try http://copsserver/data/feed.php
Maybe it is what you are looking for?

f.
YEAH! Perfect that's it! I just had to remove /data so the URL is:
http://copsserver/cops/feed.php as I am using COPS on Synology...

Thanks a lot!
Martin
msiemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #550
fatzgenfatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiemens View Post
YEAH! Perfect that's it! I just had to remove /data so the URL is:
http://copsserver/cops/feed.php as I am using COPS on Synology...
I didn't know, what's the name of your "data" directory, but I thought, that you would figure it out

f.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #551
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@mario, evillevi

There will be a new configuration item in the next release to choose how to handle thumbnail. I'll explain later :P
Waiting (im)patiently for your explanation. ;-)
Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #552
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@all

I'm looking for users who can test latest version (0.6.1) and current github version (pre 0.6.2) on their e-ink devices :
  • Kindle
  • Sony PRS-T?
  • Pocketbook
  • Cybook
  • Nook

I would be great if you could provide the exact version of the ereader you're using and the test result.
I'd also like to know the user agent for each device, so if you could also visit a site like http://whatsmyua.com/ and write it here, it would be great !

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vlad59; 08-30-2013 at 10:59 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #553
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@all

I'm looking for users who can test latest version (0.6.1) and current github version (pre 0.6.2) on their e-ink devices
I will test them on my Kindle 4 in the next days.
glimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #554
awj
awj began at the beginning.

Problems pointing Calibre towards COPS

I've just installed COPS on my Synology DS410 using the package from Synocommunity.

I can browse the library using
[my-name].synology.me/cops/

The next thing I want to do is to set up my Calibre installation to point to the same database. However, when I point Calibre towards
[my-name].synology.me/cops/
Calibre tells me that it's not an existing folder.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #555
fatzgenfatz

Hi,

I don't think that calibre can access your database via http. I think that you will have to mount the directory to your computer via NFS, Samba or such.

f.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology