Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
camperbc
Enthusiast
camperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five wordscamperbc can name that ebook in five words

Device: PRS-T1
Is there such a beast?

This probably sounds like a typical "rookie knows nothing" question, (please bear with me; I'm learning... s l o w l y!) but is there any software that can automatically sort through a bunch of folders and single out just a certain type of file (such as epub) and stick them all in one place, rather than my having to tediously go through each folder to gather up my ebooks one at a time?

Thanks,
Glen
camperbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Wilyumm
Wilyumm
Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Wilyumm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony prs505, Sony prs 950
You can search for *.epub and it will find all of the epub files on your computer. I assumed you meant on your computer.
Wilyumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Grand Sorcerer
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Someone can probably write a script to do such a thing but I have no idea how to do that.

If you are using windows, this is what I would do:
  • Open up your Documents folder (or any other folder that has the sub-folders containing your epubs).
  • Using Windows Explorer, do a wildcard search for epubs. i.e. *.epub.
    (This will display all the epubs in the all the folders below and including the top-most folder.)
  • While holding down the Ctrl key, select all of the epubs that you want and either copy or cut and paste all to a new folder.

Clear as mud?

If you're not using windows, I can't help either.

*edit* Too slow. Wilyumm beat me to it.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-31-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
You could do that with Calibre by using the "Add books from directories, including sub-directories" option, then delete everything that's not EPUB using the "Remove all formats from selected books, except...." option.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote