Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 10:03 PM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Amazon: World Book Day - Get 1 Free Ebook, Ends 4/30/2024

Celebrate World Book Day. Get one Kindle book FREE. Offer expires April 30th, 2024.
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=87672506011

Choose from 8 titles from different countries.

Any recommendations for which one to get?

NOTE: You need to be signed in to your Amazon account in order to see the credit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmazonWorldBookDay2024Credit.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	207791  

Last edited by bookmarked; Yesterday at 04:23 PM.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't see how to get any of those World Day books for free. It's either KU or buy. But not free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM   #3
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
When you click the "Learn more" button under a book, you will be taken to that book's page, with a discount of $4.99 applied (varies due to taxes/regions).
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
When you click the "Learn more" button under a book, you will be taken to that book's page, with a discount of $4.99 applied (varies due to taxes/regions).
I don't see that. Can you please take a screen grab showing this? Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 05:53 AM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here you go. Please note that my prices are a bit higher than yours due to taxes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	w1.png
Views:	54
Size:	834.0 KB
ID:	207780   Click image for larger version

Name:	w2.png
Views:	45
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	207781  
Advert
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Here you go. Please note that my prices are a bit higher than yours due to taxes.
I don't get the -$4.99 showing. Or in this case, -$3.99.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 11-06-38 Third Wheel - Kindle edition by Spalding Nick. Literature & Fi.png
Views:	32
Size:	553.6 KB
ID:	207782
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #7
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
The terms say the offer must be activated, but I didn't see a way to activate. Maybe they sent emails to those eligible?
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM   #8
patrik
Guru

In my case it got activated by clicking Learn more. Going to the book another way showed standard price.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #9
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
In my case it got activated by clicking Learn more. Going to the book another way showed standard price.
Must be a location thing. I'm in the US, and none of these are discounted for me either.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Must be a location thing. I'm in the US, and none of these are discounted for me either.
It's working in the US, but you have to click around a bit first to see the credit applied to the books.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #11
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Huh, I'm not seeing anything about World Book Day on Amazon UK.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #12
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Celebrate World Book Day. Get one Kindle book FREE. Offer expires April 30th, 2024.
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=87672506011

Choose from 8 titles from different countries.

Any recommendations for which one to get?
I've read and liked The Blue Bar - the Indian choice. It isn't my usual thing, I'm usually more historical mysteries and non-thriller-ish police procedurals. But I also like mysteries set in new/unusual (to me) places, and that was why I picked it up and read it. I thought the author did a great job with the background, and although the plot was a bit more psychological thriller-ish than normal for me, I thought it was pretty good.

Since I have The Blue Bar, I'll probably pick up the Swedish mystery, which will also be an unusual background/period for me. And maybe if I can grab another one on my husband's account , I'll snag the British rom-com too.

Last year, weren't we able to pick up all of the titles offered?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #13
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
It looks like you need to be signed to be able to see the credit. This makes some sense since Amazon is limiting it to 1 free book per account.

I'm adding a note to the original post.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Huh, I'm not seeing anything about World Book Day on Amazon UK.
They'll sell you fancy dress for it there. Put World Book day into Amazon Search all.
Also returns kids books, but the get one free seems to be USA.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #15
FourOhFour
HTTP Error
FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FourOhFour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So, the discount didn't work for me. I clicked on the world book day header and got a page saying I wasn't eligible. Then I went back and clicked on the header again, which did nothing. Then I checked a book and the credit was there.

Good work, Amazon!
FourOhFour is offline   Reply With Quote