Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-09-2024, 11:11 AM   #1
MarcoDiWA
MarcoDiWA began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Calibre not recognizing library - SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes

I posted this as a response but it was an older thread so I'm reposting as new. After years of Calibre working well, it would not recognize and load the 2000 books that are in the file. Around the same the I got, and keep getting an error message. I tried moving the file to an SD card, which worked temporarily now the same thing. I can add books and it goes to the right file but all the rest of the books there don''t load. I'm backing up that file so I don't lose all my books. What to do? Here's the error message. Thanks in advance.

calibre, version 7.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes

calibre 7.3 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && DeDRM (7, 0, 3) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && From KFX (2, 7, 0) && KFX Input (2, 7, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 5, 0) && KFX Output (2, 5, 0) && KePub Output (3, 6, 6) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 7) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1414, in show_data
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 1072, in show_data
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 276, in render_html
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 351, in render_data
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 310, in mi_to_html
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\render.py", line 134, in add_other_links
File "calibre\gui2\book_details.py", line 348, in item_id_if_has_note
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 88, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 682, in notes_for
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 973, in notes_for
File "calibre\db\notes\connect.py", line 264, in get_note
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 376, in get
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 1088, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare_v3
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: no such table: notes_db.notes
MarcoDiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:01 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you use the recently added Category Notes feature for Authors, Series etc?

If not, when calibre is closed remove the .calnotes folder from the library folder. Calibre will recreate a fresh .calnotes folder when its starts. If it happens again then something other than calibre is messing with the .calnotes folder… probably something which is run at startup (in the tray) that doesn't like folders that have a '.' as the first character.

If you do use the new feature, wait for Kovid's reply.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2024, 09:04 PM   #3
MarcoDiWA
MarcoDiWA began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Thanks. I removed calnotes. Calibre didn''t recreate it but the error message is still there. I haven''t heard from Kovid, though not exactly sure how to contact him.
MarcoDiWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If calibre is not recreating it then something on your machine is preventing it from doing so. Reboot in safe mode, then delete the folder, then start calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote