Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-11-2024, 03:50 PM   #1
rodanny
rodanny began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite 3 (generation 7)
Question automatic file renaming according to certain conditions

I greet you.
I would like to know if there is the possibility to automatically go through a directory (or several) with pdf, epub and so on files and to be able to identify based on internet access what the name of the book would be, and who the author is and to rename them after a pattern.
possibly be able to extract the ISBN from the sites and possibly some descriptions
can AI be used for such a thing?

Sorry, I used google translate because I don't know enough English.
rodanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use the fetch-ebook-metadata command line tool in a script to do what you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 02:56 AM   #3
rodanny

sorry, can you be more specific?

I have several books in pdf format, scanned by me or other friends, and also various books in various formats. And most of them don't have correct metadata, that's where my problem comes from.

I wanted somehow to take the name of the file somehow with AI to find out what the author would be and what the name of the book would be, also to look for the IBAN and others on the net based on this information.

I give an example:
Philip_Pullman_v_3_Materiile_intunecate.pdf
Cassandra_Clare_-_Ultimele_ore_-2-_Lantul_de_fier.doc
Ultima noapte de dragoste, intiia noapte de razboi - Camil Petrescu.pdf

and so on...
it would also be important to identify the author (surname and surname - to be able to establish the alphabetical order), the title of the book and further, starting from this data, you can create a library, importing the ISB or other useful information that you can find on the net starting from the title of the book and its author.

I hope that google translated well what I wanted to say.
10x
Old 01-14-2024, 04:39 PM   #4
rodanny

can help? can make a new feature?