Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
bindzus
bindzus began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
Good afternoon from Saigon, Viet Nam

Hello there, my name is Thomas, I am Danish and 32 years old at the time of writing this. I live in Sai Gon, Viet Nam where I work for a Danish company who has outsourced the software development to Viet Nam.

I love to read books, but I have always hesitated a bit before buying new books, not because they are expensive; books here can be bought rather cheap, but because they are so heavy to bring along when moving, and I moved a couple of times here already furthermore it is easier to get new books about software development online as eBooks.

So the boom in eReaders is something that I am more than happy about, and after considering different eReaders I finally decided to buy a BeBook (www.mybebook.com) which seems to be branded version of the Onyx Boox 60. I ordered it on a Sunday and received it the following Thursday, delivery time little under a week, I didn't really expect it to be that fast, living in Viet Nam and all.

Now I am able to easily bring along my bookshelf where ever I go, and I am on the lookout for cool ways to utilize my eReader, for pleasure and work, and this forum seems like the perfect place to learn more, so hopefully I will be able to reduce my usage of tree-paper to a minimum.

However there are still places were only paper should be used

Last edited by bindzus; 03-09-2010 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Just cleaning up a bit
bindzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Welcome to mobileread, bindzus!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Hi Thomas and welcome. I'm English living in Denmark - where, as of yesterday, you can now buy ebook readers from Bøg & Ide!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Bindzus. And that BeBook was a good move. Also a good move to sign up with MR right now because it's Read an Ebook Week and there are freebies and deals galore until the weekend. Take advantage of it to stock up on reading. You could check out my own offer in my signature line below, but you'll also find several independent authors who are members here and have their individual special offers this week. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norwegian-Danish.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	47594 to Mobileread, Thomas.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
David.Niall.Wils
Author & Digital Publishe
David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome aboard, Bindzus. Interesting life you're living, to say the least. Not sure what formats your reader handles, but I bet you find plenty of books to read on it here...

David
David.Niall.Wils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Thomas, welcome to MR!

Just out of curiosity, are you there to manage the project or are you one of the developers?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome Thomas to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #9
bindzus
bindzus began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo
Thanks for all the greetings!

Quote:
Hi Thomas and welcome. I'm English living in Denmark - where, as of yesterday, you can now buy ebook readers from Bøg & Ide!
That's so nice to know, perhaps I can get up-to-date on some Danish literature as well. What do you think about living in Denmark? Must have been rather cold lately, lots of snow

Quote:
You could check out my own offer in my signature line below, but you'll also find several independent authors who are members here and have their individual special offers this week. Best wishes. Neil
I tried Neil, but the browser kept hanging, perhaps I will get through tomorrow when I have a little more free time.

Quote:
Not sure what formats your reader handles, but I bet you find plenty of books to read on it here...
Well so far I have no real complaints, my BeBook Neo has accepted all the formats I have tried, so I think it was the right choice for me.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, are you there to manage the project or are you one of the developers?
I am here to manage everything from people to projects, I even do a bit of programming myself sometimes when I miss it, which happens now and then.
--
Thomas
bindzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Good evening from Barstow, California.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote