Hello,
Finally got my new 912 Today
but I just want to ask you about a good font cause I c it will matter a lot
waiting for your support
c_omran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
What are you looking for?

From another thread I know you are from Egypt. Are you looking for a latin font, in this case I'd recommend either LexiDaMa (looks similar to the Cecilia font from the Kindle) or Droid Serif

If you are looking for something Arabic I'm sorry, can't help with that
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
c_omran
c_omran began at the beginning.

Device: none
For PDF files I mean
Old 07-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
c_omran

Yes for Latin fonts, thanks a lot for your support, in ebup files the font is good but while reading pdf files I feel like it needs to be more sharpen, you know ?
thanks again
Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_omran View Post
For PDF files I mean
You can't change the fonts that a PDF document uses, unfortunately. The reason for this is that each character is exactly positioned according to the specified font when the document is created. Changing the font, and thus the dimensions of the characters, will produce wrong distances between the characters when they are placed in the positions determined from the previous font. Some characters will be spaced too far apart, others will overlap. It would just look bad (I know, because this is exactly what happened in the early days of the open source xpdf viewing program before Adobe released their standard fonts).

If you create your own PDF files using LaTeX, then you can specify a font that is easier to read on E-Ink devices. For example, @paola suggested using the Palatino family of fonts to me once, and it made a big difference in the readability. I just added the line "\usepackage{mathpazo}" to the LaTeX source file to build with those fonts.

Last edited by rkomar; 07-30-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
c_omran

Thx rKomar for your information
the main problem is with the PDF files, as I said it needs to be more sharpen, anyway it's still my second day with the 912 and i am still discovering it
but what is LaTeX ?? is it a program ?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_omran View Post
Thx rKomar for your information
the main problem is with the PDF files, as I said it needs to be more sharpen, anyway it's still my second day with the 912 and i am still discovering it
but what is LaTeX ?? is it a program ?
LaTeX is a language and compiler for typesetting documents. It's popular in scientific circles because of its strong support for mathematical equations and professional output. If you haven't heard of it, then I don't think you need to use it. You can't use it to convert other PDFs, if that's what you had in mind.

Viewing PDFs with thin fonts is a problem that I have, too. The best I've come up with so far is to use the reader in landscape mode, which makes the text larger, and thus darker. I've played with the open source version of pdfviewer to see if I can make the text easier to read, but nothing I do makes a difference so far. I should get back to that when I have more time.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I have found that pdfviewer on the 912 allows you to zoom in just a little more than AdobeViewer does. The fonts appear to be just a little darker because of that. It's not a much of an improvement as reading landscape but it might be enough. This is because in pdfviewer if you are zoomed in then the cursor control will actually pan the page a little bit. This location will be remembered when you go to the next page.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote