Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle for webOS

Hey folks, I'm back (sort of) with a question/request for help.

Not sure if any of the gurus here know much about webOS but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm spending my time on the PreCentral HP Touchpad forum for now. The new Kindle for webOS app was released this past week and already folks are looking for way to "extend" its use so that personal documents and non-Kindle mobi books can be added to the Touchpad.

It doesn't seem to work the same way as iOS with a drag an drop into the correct folder with a DRM-free mobi file.

After a little playing, it looks as though books books must be named with the ASIN number and there is at least one related .json file.

I have tried both adding a book title named file as well as an ASIN number named file of the same book ("A Dangerous Man" and "B000JMKR34_EBOK") and neither version is recognized by the Touchpad.

Any ideas on what we should try?

If you want to check out the thread on the subject, click here.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleTouchpad.PNG
Views:	389
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	74784  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I can't answer your question directly but I'm extremely disappointed of Kindle for WebOs.

I do understand the software it's on the beta phase, but even for being beta, does not look and feel like something they should have put on a final product or tablet, no yet.

There is no dictionary. The app. itself is kind of sluggish and they removed the full landscape mode. It looks like it was rushed on the market.

Hopefully they will revamp this app. on next release or patch but Kindle for webOs is way inferior that its Apple counterpart.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert